West Coast Metal Buildings / Terrible company

5073 Dallas HwySalem, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 503-566-7788

West Coast Metal Buildings Inc. does not stand behind their product. They built 5 carports for us 1 year ago and after the first snow, one of them came crashing down on top of the 2 trucks that were parked underneath Causing damage to both trucks as well as complete destruction of the carport that cost $3200.

My son had been under the carport just minutes earlier and could have been crushed to death had he not returned to the house to get something. The carport obviously was constructed poorly or it would not have collapsed. The few braces that it did have were ripped apart.

We contacted West Coast Metal Buildings Inc. customer service immediately and were told their structures are not warranted for collapsing...only that they warrant the metal will not rust for 20 years. If we had wanted it warranted, we would have had to pay for an engineers stamp. What a bunch of hogwash.

They should not be allowed to sell carports that will not stand up to the elements. In order to keep the price 'cheap' they don't put the number of braces on them to keep it safe. In fact, they had to install extra bracing in order to construct the carport and when it was finished they removed the braces that supported it.(They couldn't stand on top of the carport to put the metal roof on without the extra bracing.)
Ro

Comments

Re
  16th of Dec, 2015
The horrible company. Never deal with them. After three months waiting instead of 4-8 weeks in contract they didn't bring my carports. Rude employees ever. They never answer to my questions, never call back. At first they lost my order. Than asked more time . After that they were unable to do my order. I recommend never deal with this company.

West Coast Metal Buildings Logo West Coast Metal Buildings