Menu
Real Property Management
reviews & complaints

Real Property Management
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

22 complaints
5 resolved 17 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Real Property Management. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
12:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In the last few months my property that was to be taken care of by Real Property Management Hampton Roads has not adequately done their job in maintaining my property. They have failed to inspect at all as detailed in the contract agreement. They have failed to collect rent, late fees, and failed to send legal notifications of unpaid rent as per contractual...

P
4:54 pm EDT

Real Property Management - improper maintenance procedures impacting tenants

I feel the management team is misusing the terms and condition for personal benefits and need to alarm that this
should not go un-noticed to readers, especially when I will describe few flaws in system.

So please contact me if you have similar scenario at ([protected]@gmail.com or yelp)

I was tenant of 1332 CHEWPON AVE MILPITAS 95053 paying $2500/m for unfurnished house.
This house is very poorly maintained due to the negligence of the property management team.
We also reported in move-in inspection (pictures attached), but was rebuffed and never responded.
This property had such and many other tasks below were very unprofessionally undone by Leanne Popa (property manager) before putting it for rent. Conference calls were made with Steve (Business manager in this regards), but most went in vain.

The electrical circuits, water heater was faulty (as we experience smoky scenario during tenancy),
All bathroom faucets were extremely worn out and tight to operate.
After receiving my first water bill after 2 months, which seem HIGH, I discovered that toilet flushes were not functioning correctly and auto-flushing and leaky. I verified the amount with other families in neighborhood. The service request after many weeks of delay was also goofed up by RPM contract repairs person. I found that many repairs request are done via DIY contractors.

Kitchen cabinets and carpet were totally worn out with sag and multiple dark patches when we moved-in (reported in move-in inspection).
Found loose fixtures on mesh door in backyard. Inadequate light fixtures in bathrooms repeatedly failing. Another dangling ceiling shaft which almost fell in my daughter's head once.
appliance also failed intermittently clogging and remained not-functional for weeks,

The structure of house was also poorly maintained and has significant cracks/rots. Things were just patch painted over and we started observing such things in walls fixtures during midpoint of tenancy.

We repeatedly filed service request, but funny thing about the Web portal that it is totally broken. I never got any notification of my filed request. Also on the portal I was never able to view my past requests with filing and completion dates. screen shots that are attached too.

RPM have not provided any estimation of deduction of my security deposit. I will soon get to know this. If anybody facing similar issues please contact me.

View 0 more photos
A
9:25 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been waiting quite some time to write this review for real property management and now that I am finally no longer living in a property managed by them, I can do so without fear of repercussion on management’s behalf. I suspect that is why there are not scads more of these exact type of reviews. This will be long, but if you are considering renting...

S
4:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

By NC law, any landlord who has a tenant's security deposit in a bank account is supposed to pay the tenant security interest at the end of the year on the amount of interest accrued during the year. That's the law. I have been living in my house rented by Real Properties of the Triad for 3 years and they have not paid me anything.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Contacted " Real Property Management Capital" in regards to a property 14663 Kenderick Road Suitland, MD 20746 to possibly rent this home. While speaking with their representative Tatiana Dimipiobski, I inquired to see the home prior to submitting an application. I was told in order to view the property that I would need to apply for unit prior to seeing...

M
4:29 pm EST

Real Property Management - Horrible landlords

Worst rental company ever. They are never available to answer calls, they are extremely rude and won't fix anything. My dryer lint trap is broken and has been since we moved in. As a result my clothes get torn. When I told them, they said, and I quote " as long as the dryer still heats and dries your clothes, we don't see a problem" The previous tenants had a dog and a cat that they never cleaned up after. Instead I had to pay to have the cat urine cleaned from the carpets and I had to pick up after the dog outside. I was not reimbursed and their excuse was, they didn't ask me to clean the carpets and if I didn't want to spend the money then I should never gotten the carpets cleaned. Ok cause everyone wants to live and smell cat urine. Now I have no heat as the furnace is broken AGAIN. It kept on breaking last year and I can't tell you how many times we had strangers in and out of our house to fix it. Now that I have a baby I want working heat and not have to depend on strangers. I do have a life that doesn't include sitting at home waiting for someone to come over and give me heat. I have been without heat for 2 days now and since it is a weekend, the ladies at real property management say it is not their problem. I will be talking to a lawyer and I will make sure this is resolved. Please don't fall into the same trap I have. This company is the worst.

C
11:43 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

DISCRIMINATING! I was told by this company they would not rent to me because I am single and female and they need a male in the property to fix things if something happens! THE GALL. Further, I was informed, that the Denver market is not a renters market and that they can afford to be discriminating! Some poor homeowner just lost a great rentor! I leave all...

11:16 pm EDT

Real Property Management - Avoid RPM At ALL COSTS!

RPM has been renting our property for a while now, and they've done a terrible job! They got us a horrible tenant who has a drug problem, and can't listen to the rules. We've tried to evict them, but RPM can't get their stuff together to do that either! They are incompetent! It's awful! Don't waste your time or money. They will nickel and dime you to death! We can't wait to be rid of them. Horrible company to deal with.

S
4:52 pm EDT

Real Property Management - Worst service ever

This company has rented our property for 2 years. They are rude, unresponsive and they do not represent the landlord's interest. We said NO pets, they wrote the contract with the tenants that PETS ARE ALLOWED. We agreed on things with one employee just to find out that the agreements was not honored because the employee is no longer working there. One of our tenants moved out without notifying anyone, and sublet the room to a complete stranger, RPM did not even notice. They did not notice that an another tenant cut a doggy door into our wall without eve asking anyone. Another tenant when she moved out stole all our curtains, RPM did not notice, and gave all the deposit back. Another couple 4 weeks before moving in put a deposit down, so we took the house off the market, only to find out that on move-in day they changed their mind. RPM gave them the entire deposit back. What is the deposit for if it does not protect the landlord's interest? RPM's response: " (paraphrased) Our lawyer advised us against representing your interest, because we need to avoid lawsuits."
They are rude, they are unprofessional and they will treat you like bug they just want to step on.

1 comment
O
Jul 06, 2010 8:24 am EDT

Too hot to sleep upstairs in my own bedroom. Needless to say, I will not rent from this company again.

J
2:43 pm EDT

Real Property Management - Never rent from them

My family an I are another couple who are not happy with RMPM they are in this business just for money, we relocated to Fortcollins an would never have if I knew what I know now we sent our money per person for application they told us we had the place for rent an then they sent a letter last minute an said we don't have the place, thank GOD for the socialworker who helped me, she called them an they said they never got my payment an I had the copies of my money order, my socialworker said they were not nice they were rude an when they found out my husband was a Veteran they had the nerve to ask if I still want'ed the place. RMPM is buying up everything, but if at all DON'T SEND THEM MONEY AN DON'T RENT FROM THEM !

N
2:54 pm EDT

Real Property Management - Don't hire them

DO NOT HIRE Real Property Management to manage your property! They take All of your money, and extra, every month in "repairs" and refuse to explain/itemize their invoices. I think that they have forgotten who they work for... ME! This has been an 8 month nightmare that has cost a fortune! Very very disapointed.

1 comment
D
Jan 24, 2012 2:01 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Never had a problem with Real Property Management, they treated my family great. I had problem with the home owner who was dishonest and listen to the next door neighbor who told lies about me. The owners never contacted us, but listened to the neighbors who I had problem with. The neighbor apparently did not like my political views. When we moved in the home owner left the house dirty with crap under the frig, sink look like someone puked in it and look like they had been cooking with lard because the whole top counter were covered with cooking grease. I have the photos to prove it. The home owners told the lies that we broke things in the house, But I had to have a repair made due to fire hazard they created by taking short cut in the wiring their home. The owner was too cheap to fix it correctly. The paint job was nice but you could tell an amateur did it. I’m currently on my second home with Real Property Management and will use their services when I’m ready to move again.

6:45 pm EDT

Real Property Management - Avoid at all cost

Real Property Management cost us a months mortgage due to their negligence in renting out our home. They had 1 rep that was handling our house and she rarely answered her phone or returned phone calls. Most of the time her voice mail box was full and you couldn't even leave her a message if you were interested in our property. The owner denied any wrongdoing even thought their office manager admitted to me that her actions were inexcusable and we should be upset. If you want to have your property managed the way you expect...look elsewhere. They don't have the time for you !

J
9:49 pm EDT

Real Property Management - Don't even consider hiring them

We signed a contract with Greg Bacheller at Real Property Management Colorado in December 2010, and have regretted it ever since. Our agent refused to meet with us, does not return our calls, and does not respond to emails. The house is still empty after 2 months, and our promised weekly follow-up calls have never occurred. The lease price has been dropped $100; 4 applicants have turned in apps and were never heard from again. We sent more than one customer to RPM Colorado for showings, and they were never contacted. This company has not followed through on a single promise.

B
4:03 pm EDT

Real Property Management - Do Not Rent

These people obviously need to learn how to do their job. They have postings of rentals homes/town-homes all over the internet. My fiance and I found one that we thought would be perfect for us. We emailed and called for at least a week and a half and never heard back from them. They always stated to wait at least 48 hours before calling again and we did, but we still never heard anything. We go back online to check the status of the rental house and they raised the rent up another $200! That rent was out of our budget. We then found another place, we filled out an online application hoping that they will contact us. They did call, however, they called our phone 3 times in under 2 minutes and never left any voice mail to indicate who they were. I called the company and they said just to wait and they will call you again...BS! We received an email about 10 minutes later stating that the tenants have decided to renew their lease. The thing that gets to me was that they stated the house was available for rent 3 weeks ago. So why are still they posting this place online if it seems to have been occupied for a while now? I'm done with this company FOREVER!

8:38 pm EST

Real Property Management - incompetent management

This company took over management after Fannie Mae foreclosed on the fourplex that we've lived in for two years prior. We signed a new lease under the ProtectingRentersatForeclosureActof2009, signed by pres. Oboma. Since then, they have done absolutly nothing but harrass us with demands and threats of eviction on a monthly basis. I'm so sick of them. I wish I could find an attorney to sue the jerks. I will never have anything to do with them again, if I live through the constant stress. I suggest no one else gets tangled in thier web of deciet.

T
4:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My email to the rental company... I would strongly advise you and your managers to review your policy of inspecting homes before they go into the rental program. I have a high degree of knowledge of OSHA standards and health concerns due to animal feces imbedded into the carpet from managing several pet friendly resorts. This was a safety hazard for my...

B
9:54 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My bad experience with Real Property Management: I moved from Phoenix to Las Vegas in January of 2009 to take a new job. Real Property Management asked for the typical first and last month rent upfront totaling $2800. Right before my family and I began moving Real Property Management asked for an additional $1400 security deposit. Their explanation for the...

H
8:23 am EDT

Real Property Management - They collected the checks fine, but maintenance was difficult to deal with

I had RPM Colorado manage a property of mine over the last year. They collected the checks fine, but maintenance was difficult to deal with. The house was supposed to be cleaned for the tenants (we paid for it), but after talking with the tenants directly, they said the house was dirty. I will say they found great tenants, but they ignored our no dogs rule.

Following the tenants move out in the spring, we took possession of the house again. Several items were found to be broken (including sprinkler pipes, which we paid RPM to winterize). RPM has since ignored me on all follow up issues leaving me to pay them out of pocket.

With the exception of the poor follow up service, they were satisfactory. Part of good customer service is how you follow up with your customers, and I feel their poor follow up gives then a poor ranking overall.

M
10:06 am EDT

Real Property Management - Do not send them money and do not rent from them

My family an I are another couple who are not happy with RMPM they are in this business just for money, we relocated to Fortcollins an would never have if I knew what I know now we sent our money per person for application they told us we had the place for rent an then they sent a letter last minute an said we don't have the place, thank GOD for the socialworker who helped me, she called them an they said they never got my payment an I had the copies of my money order, my socialworker said they were not nice they were rude an when they found out my husband was a Veteran they had the nerve to ask if I still want'ed the place. RMPM is buying up everything, but if at all DON'T SEND THEM MONEY AN DON'T RENT FROM THEM.

G
2:22 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Do not use RPM to manage your property, they do an extremely poor job. Fees are outlandish, and their staff is very rude and unresponsive. Go with another property management company at all costs!!!

Real Property Management contacts