Wells Fargo / horrible customer service

Austin, TX, United States

To whom it may concern,

On June 30, 2016, I had one of the worst customer service experiences today at a Wells Fargo location in Austin, TX. The address of this particular bank is 2028 E Ben White Blvd.

I arrived at the bank around 11:05 or 11:10 (if memory serves me correctly). I added my name to the list of people requesting to see a personal banker before making a withdrawal up at the front with a teller. The teller was extremely helpful and efficient. When she asked if she could assist me with anything else, I told her I needed to speak with someone about my savings account. She asked if I had put my name on the list, to which I responded with a yes, and she told me someone would be with me shortly.

There were only 1 or 2 names before mine on the list. The lobby was under construction, so I milled about for a few minutes. Then, I waited in the doorway between the bank and the building's lobby for a few minutes as well. There were 2 parties waiting out in the chairs of the lobby of the building. When they were called back, I went and sat in the vacant chairs. I kept an eye on the 2 personal bankers at their desks to ensure I didn't miss my name being called.

The lady who seemed to be the manager was greeting people as they walked in, about 3 feet away from where I was sitting. I made eye contact with her multiple times. Time passed. After about 20 minutes, I began to get impatient. I got up, went into the bank's lobby and made a point to check the list to see if my name had mistakenly been crossed off. The manager was right behind me as I did this.

There was a female personal banker who appeared to have no client in her office and was making small talk with the manager as I was sitting a few feet away, clearly looking for someone to help me. More time passed. A man came in and the manager quickly went over and asked if all his needs had been met. And continued to ignore me. More time passed. Finally, the male banker had finished up with the couple he was working with, and I was sure he would go to the list, call my name, and it would finally be my turn.

He got up, milled around the lobby, talked to the manager, and went back to his desk. The list was never looked at. I was never acknowledged or asked if I needed assistance. My name was never called.

A man entered the bank and wrote his name on the list. The male banker quickly jumped up, went over to him, and told him to come back to his desk so he could assist him. After I had been waiting for nearly forty minutes at this point, I was fed up and refused to wait any longer, be blatantly ignored by the manager, and come second to customers who had just arrived. I got up, scratched my name off the list (which apparently none of the bankers know how to use) and told the manager I could not wait any longer. She proceeded to tell me that she "didn't see me over there", which is hard to believe since we made eye contact many times, and she seemed to have no problem "seeing" customers leave and enter just a few feet from where I was sitting for almost an hour.

I've been with Wells Fargo for almost 7 years and I am normally very satisfied with their customer service. However, I felt incredibly disrespected by and irritated with my experience today. I highly doubt I will ever be returning to that branch again, as I can't afford to waste my time while management chooses to ignore waiting customers.

I know there is nothing you can really do about an upset customer. However, as someone who used to work in customer service, I would never want my customers to feel the way I do right now. I hope that branch and its manager learn how to treat all customers equally and ensure that no one has to wait for forty minutes without being helped (or at the least: acknowledged).

Ke