Wells Fargo / overdraft scam
I made deposit on
05/13/11 atm cash deposit - 1400 east passyunk ave philadelphia pa [protected]
With around, but not less, 10$ already on it, with deposited 40$ made it 50$ all together.
48$ was to be spent on already set up automatic payments. After payments are processed I got an email from you stating that there was not enough money on my account and I am being charged 12.5$ for overdraft protection.
After talking to the bank representative and supervisor - david reger from minnesota bank (Totally uniformed supervisor) , I found out that some amount was transferred onto saving account by you (2 times 2$). Transfer was done without my knowledge, I was not informed about it. By doing it, transferring money to my savings account, you made my checking account not have enough money, and I was charged 12.5$.
So what you did... You transferred money from my checking account 2 times 2$, after those transfers there was not enough money on checking account to cover 48$ payments, but at the same time on my saving account was 4$ transferred. Then you covered checking account with my money that you transferred and charged me 12.5$!
You created 12.5$ profit and you want me to pay you?!
This behavior would offend my dogs intelligence.
When I made deposit at atm, asked about account to deposit money on, I specified my checking account not savings account.
By not having control over how much money is transferred after depositing and intervals
By not being informed of the transfer amount and timing, puts you & ndash; wells fargo in position of doing transfers at the time you need it so you can charge fees. This opens up wide field for manipulation.
If I deposit 50$ onto account to pay 48$ bill I should not be charged any overdraft fees since it was deposited enough money to cover all my payments. By transferring money to savings account without my approval and knowledge, with simple analysis of my automatic payments, you can transfer certain amount at specific time so you do not leave enough money on the account intentionally and charge fees. Like you did in my case.
This is scam!
I want my 25$ (2 x 12.5$) back.
More Wells Fargo Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - foreign currency; poor telephonic customer service from an assistant branch manager
- Wells Fargo - heloc and mortgage fraud
- Wells Fargo - reordering checks
- Wells Fargo - safety deposit box - wells fargo stole my property and breached my confidentiality
- Wells Fargo - mortgage