Wells Fargo Bank / online security
Until today I'd been with Wells Fargo for 16 years. I'm now going to another bank. Wells Fargo has terrible online security. A scammer used my social security number to hijack my account online. Despite not having my PIN and not having the answer to my personal security question, Wells Fargo allowed them to change the address and phone number on my account and to open a new savings account in my name. My statements were heading to another state! Wells Fargo didn't notify me of the address change and allowed them access to my account with nothing but my social security number.
This is so wrong. Now I have to sort out the mess and Wells Fargo is proving inept in helping me do it. Their fraud department was supposed to call me back and never did. When I called them I was placed on hold for 30 minutes and then they hung up on me.
Don't bank with Wells Fargo if you want your money safe. It won't be because any scammer can go online and hijack your account with very little information.
More Wells Fargo Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo Bank - 3rd request to customer grievance case (1 year old) on elder fraud case. no resolution or final findings in writing.
- Wells Fargo - wells fargo does not protect its customers financial information
- Wells Fargo - payment not received
- Wells Fargo - unhelpful/unwilling staff
- Wells Fargo - loan