Wells Fargo Auto Finance / keep calling, but don't have a loan with them.

Phone: 8887756157

About 3 weeks ago, Wells Fargo Auto Finance started to call my phone (not my primary phone) leaving me messages that seemed very important. I was very alarmed as I don't have any loans with Wells Fargo (I am debt free), so I was super afraid that someone was trying to use my credit. I called the phone number: [protected] . The first thing the woman asked for when I called was my Social Security #. I told her absolutely not was I going to give her my SS#. I told her that I don't have any clue why they are calling. She transfered me to another woman. Had to tell this woman my situation again. They kept trying to get information out of me. Finally they transfered me to the woman (I think it was her) that first called me. She said that someone used me as a reference. The name she gave was not even someone I knew. I asked her what address I lived on. At that point she said I should tell her what address I live on. I told her I was done speaking with her & was calling my credit monitoring service to make sure nothing was on my credit. I also told her to stop calling. Checked my credit & everything was perfect. 4 days later (last Sunday) the calls started again. They left a message on Sunday & Tuesday. Wednesday I called Wells Fargo Bank to find out if this was even associated with them. The woman said yes. I told her what was going on & told her that it was a bad reflection on Wells Fargo how this company conducts business. She took my information & said I would be put on a Privacy list. Well the calls continue. On Friday alone, I counted 8 calls. All hang ups. <br />
<br />
I have put my #'s on the Do Not Call list, but have found out that these companies to not have to comply cause the are trying to collect debt. Next I changed my recorder to have the sounds that sound like my # has been disconnected. Also just installed the Telezapper to my phone. Don't know if any of those will work. My next thing I am ordering is a whistle so when I can get them to call again, I will blow the whistle to the person at the other end of the phone. Hopefully after I am able to do that, these fools will stop calling.<br />
<br />
This all started when I took the Unlisted block off this #. It is not my primary # anymore. I only have it cause I need a dedicated # for my buildings security door system. I have been having super weird credit debt collector calls for the last 5 months. As stated before, I am debt free so I know that it is all a scam. <br />
<br />
I really learned a lesson from this. Before calling anyone back, take a deep breath & reverse look up the #.<br />
<br />
If anyone has any suggestions to stop all of this, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Ms
      31st of Jan, 2010

I am having the same problem with Wells Fargo Auto. The only reason I have a landline because it came with the Cable Bundle. I have not had a telephone in my home for almost 3 years. I have tried on numerous occasions to stop the calls, even calling the number back 8669323011 to let them know I don't know the person that they are referring to and to take my number off their list. They said that they would and just yesterday I received another call. I think this is harrassment. One more call and I will start a campaign of harrasment against them. Help, before I get my whistle.