Webster Bank / Rude customer service

132 Main Street , Southington, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 860 620-6700

I just came from the southington Webster bank branch an it was the worst experience I have ever had. The branch manager was really rude and she shut the door in my face when I when to her to resolve an issue. Then I kept standing nex te to her office only to hear that she was on the phone talking about a personal issue about a hospital bill. The manager Jeanne Martin kept talking for up to 10min did not even acknowledge the fact that I was outside her door. She was the most unprofessional person I have ever met at a bank especially Webster bank where I have been a customer for all my life. This customer conduct was disgusting and I wish nobody ever goes through this experience.

Gj
Sep 10, 2014

Comments

• Jd
      Jun 22, 2015

My name is Jeanne D. Martin and I am the Branch Manager you speak of in this complaint. I am very sorry you had such a negative experience and I would like a chance to explain what happened from my perspective. I remember this day very clearly and specifically. You had arrived at the branch at the same time I had just received an urgent phone call from the hospital about my mother who was very ill. Knowing I would be on the phone with the doctor to get the details, I had offered to have another one of my employees help you, or if you wanted to wait that it would be about 15 minutes because I had just received an emergency call about a family member that was extremely ill. You decided to wait. I ended up closing my door because I became emotional once hearing my mothers prognosis and did not want customers or my team members to see me crying. I feel badly that it appeared to be rude to you. I was not trying to ignore you or make you feel like I was avoiding serving you. I take great pride in providing a superior level of service to my clients, so it's difficult to know that I did not meet your expectation. I have been with Webster Bank for 28 years and I have always taken a very sincere and caring interest in my customers and the communities that I serve. I would like to invite you back into the office so I can address any other concerns you may have and personally apologize to you. I hope to get the opportunity to meet or speak with you and that you afford me the chance to win your business back. I understand whatever you decide but feel it is important for you to know the facts of what happened that day. Thank you for your feedback and my email address is [protected]@websterbank.com for your reference. My mother, Annette Overton, ended up dying shortly after you and I met. I am giving you her name so you can verify it through her obituary if you would like. She fought hard for a few weeks, but finally lost the battle.