Having problems with Webster Bank?

Webster Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 325 2424 (Customer Service)
+1 203 578 2200 (Head Office)
+1 844 847 2642 (Webster Pay)
137 Bank St.
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Webster Bank Customer Service. Initial Webster Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Webster Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Webster Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Webster Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Webster Bank Complaints & Reviews

Webster Bank — Unfair business practices

I believe the bank engages in unfair practices in regards to their account fees. As a recent example, my...

Webster BankPoor service!

I have a bank card with the Visa logo on it. My disability deposit was late by one day my wife did three transactions with the card for a total of $7.00. My account in which the card is drawn on was empty. The transactions were allowed to go through for a overdraft charge of $35.00 each instead of denying the card which would have cost $0. just embarrassment. A rep at Webster told me that the agreement with Visa was for just that, to prevent embarrassment.

• Do
      Dougie2155 Mar 16, 2011

These people really do not know what they are doing. I have a loan, and they as holding the mortgage on my home are supposed to be servicing the loan, but year after year I have to fight with them to pay the taxes on the loan even though they collect Escrow for that purpose. The Escrow department especially Jackie, who is a African-American and who is rude, belligerent and just plain stupid. She has no concept of customer service, and that is my biggest complaint with this so called ‘organization’. I would not do a loan with them again if they were the only game in town. I would rather live under a rock, than have to deal with these ###s as they do anything but customer service.

• Re
      realitycheckgal633 Feb 20, 2010

George, people are not complaining because they know how to count and balance their accounts. Joseph, you and your wife need to communicate better. You're better off opening up another joint checking where she's the primary and has a card exclusively under her name so she can overdraw all she wants. Hmmm, on second thought, she's probably better off opening an account on her own because if she overdraws on your joint account both of you will be screwed because a collection agency will come after both of you if you're account is force-closed.

• Ge
      George Bartholomew Apr 30, 2009

Frankly I am astounded that there are not more complaints against Webster on this board since you posted in 2007. I have had similar issues. There is absolutely no doubt that they purposely manipulate transactions to realize maximum NSF fees from their consumer depositors. I doubt they would be ballsy, or stupid, enough to engage in such practices with their business depositors as too much cash would be at stake and this is most definitely a bank that is on the precipice of catastrophic failure.

Let me give you an example. I am a law student and had a measly $67 in my Webster checking. I made a purchased at a retail store and swiped my card in the electonic terminal only to be told that I swiped the wrong terminal and I should swipe again in another next to it. You guessed it, the first terminal was NOT cleared and somoine came up later and finished the transaction signing their name on my transaction. That move overdrew my account. It was fraud. A $2 debit from iTunes followed the same day. I realized $74.00 in NSF fees and it was fraud that caused the NSF. I called Webster to dispute the fraud and they said that I must either go back to the store, which was 45 miles away. and resolve with the mgmt or elect to have my debit card immediately cancelled and replaced 10-15 days later !!!Well I topk option A . Luckily the store actually kept a photo record of the sig on the bogus transaction and it was clearly NOT MINE. The store apologetically refunded my money. I then went to my Webster office shoiwng them the fraudulent sale and asked for a refund of the NSF. The assistant manager in the Westport office., a smug clown named Vincent Cuozzo(sp) told me to go back to the retailer and demand that the retailer refund the $37.00 as well because the retailer caused the overdraft. WHAT !. Hey, that argument would never fly, right?

The $37.00 refund of the NSF was denied by Cuozzo. Wait, I am not done. It gets even better. I then say, wait a minute. if the $2 iTunes charge was posted BEFORE the bogus retail charge, both hit on thesame day, then my account would not have been overdrawn by cauxse the the $2 debit. . So I am at least entitled to at least the $37.00 back from the $2 iTunes charge rght, I say to Cuozzo? Cuozzo says NO. He then fabricated the most ridiculous story that a customer poll ( hey when has Webster ever cared about customer opinion?) That was first clue. Cuozzo then said that customers want the higher amount posted on the same day to come first. WHAT? For what reason? Cuozzo says because if it is a mortgage payment it may not then bounce. What!! What idiot could conjure that up? So I ask if that poll or policy is written anywhere? He stuttered and said that it is in the Disclosure that all depositors get (OH REALLLY? I ask for the Disclosure and then ask Cuozzo where to find the reference. He stutters again and says. "I don;t know but its in there"
      So I take the hefty Disclosure home and read it. read it agtain. I ask a lawyer friend to read it. Guess what? It AIN'T there. Surprised? You shouldn't be. You see, Cuozzo also said " In this banking environment we never refund NSF'S" No doubt whether they are erroneous, mechanically manipulated or downright fraudulent. It simply does not matter to Webster Bank because obviously they need your $37.00 if they have any chance of staying afloat. So to all who are reading this, let's collectively come together and make sure they don't stand a chance of surviving. There is much steam rising from excessive credit card and bank charges foisted on consumers while banks are thrown a lifeline with OUR tax dollars. Let's stop this. Write the CT and MA State Banking Commission. Write a letter to Richard Blumenthal CT AG, he-s a straight up consumer advocate. ...and write in this site. Lets be heard

Webster Bank — Aware of this bank!

My wife and I opened an account at this bank a couple of weeks ago. We reviewed the banks funds availability...