Webroot Antivirus With Anti Spyware — webroot renewal quarantine blackmail
I bought a version of webroot and have renewed upgraded since at least 2006.
May 21, 2010 I turned off autorenew - I dont like the concept and my credit card is not active.
Well today WEBROOT fails me. Despite having paid $120-$150 for this product. I get a rogue advertising spyware - infects my system tray. looks bad, worse than it really is I think, disables my other virus detection programs and shuts down my ports... great.
I run webroot - it finds the suspect but will not remove / quarantine... tells me I must have an active subscription to quarantine!!!... It seems to me I have paid for this product 3+ times over... and now a few days after I dont auto renew it is unusable and (and WILL NOT PROTECT me from what I have paid for?) Is this right?
I can understand not being able to get latest updates(which just slow my computer down), or newest virus lists but to allow me to get a virus / spyware that is a slap in the face and fraudulent. It says all the time you are protected from 1million virus definitions but apparently not really.
- Anyone had a similar experience?
Webroot if you are reading - I was hoping to renew but not for $59+ (as a loyal customer penalty) when I see coupon codes for $19 - $29? why the renewal penalty?. http://www.offers.com/webroot/ I believe I am done with your products - my email is [protected]@yahoo.com.
More Webroot Antivirus With Anti Spyware Complaints & Reviews
- Webroot - fraud and cheating 
- Webroot Spy Sweeper - won't honor thier 30 day guarantee 
- Webroot Software - debited my bank account without my permission 
- Webroot Antivirus - bad support, bad product 
- Webroot Spysweeper - auto-renewal without permission 
- Webroot Spysweeper - poor technical support
- Webroot - refund for autorenewal 
- Webroot - refund 
- Webroot Spysweeper - avoid this company and its software at all costs 
- Webroot/internet Security - cannot uninstall