Web.com / thieves

I thought I had cancelled my web.com account 16 months ago. Instead of cancelling, they lowered my rate to $59.95. I noticed I was being charged 69.95 by web.com for something I thought was cancelled. I called their billing department to ask for a credit and cancel my account. "Theresa" told me I would have to speak to their lifecycle department. I was transferred and specifically asked about receiving a credit. Lifecycle told me they would cancel the account and transfer me back to billing. After I got the cancellation #, I spoke with billing again (Theresa), who told me no credit could be issued since lifecycle had cancelled my account. I asked to speak to her supervisor but she would not allow me to talk to him. BUYER BEWARE!

Comments

• Tb
      27th of Aug, 2008

Apparently, these idiots are unsupervised. When I requested a supervisor, I got the same garbage.

• De
      16th of Dec, 2009

I am going through the exact same thing right now. I have decided to sue them. Perhaps there is a class action suit possible if this has happened to enough people.

• Lr
      25th of Jun, 2010

I was just contacted by web.com. I have a StoresOnLine website that has done ZERO in the entire year I have it. Because of this, I did a website submission and got contacted by web.com afterwards. The rep gave me a number 800 311 2707 stating that THIS was the ONLY number I would ever have to dial. Well, after he put me on recording and stated all of the items spoken about, he then asked for my credit card or bank info...RED FLAG...I told him I wasnt giving him that info. That I was going to check them out first on sites just like this, google the name and see what came up, etc. He got a little more reserved and said that he could give me a link to their Better Business Bureau rating. Not good enough. I told him I would call him back at the 800 number he gave me to join up if I had good results...NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN, that is not the only number. He gave me a 904 680 6955 number. When I did a reverse search on it...there was NO INFO. Hmmmm seems to me that if this was a reputable company that there should be a listing for it. I then dialed the number given to me by the rep and it had his name on it...not a company name. I then dialed their 800 number and asked a simple question. I said "is this the number I would dial to cancel my website?" The woman said "I need your phone number to check that." So I said I was told that this was the number to call...the only number..is that correct?" and she said it depended on who my agent was...not what he told me when we spoke. He said there was ONLY ONE NUMBER TO CALL. So I repeated the question. Again she asked for my phone number. I said to her "I am asking you a simple question. Is this the number to call to cancel the website." Under protest, she simply said "yes". I then hung up. To me, this is no way to run a business. If I am wrong...I appologize, but I found them to be evasive when it came to "putting it out there" Linda R.