Waste Management / ethics
Was employed with the company as a shop manager and Senior tech. I was the only mechanic, secretary, purchasing agent and responsible for more trucks and equipment every year, with no help. Fleet size at the time of my Feb 12 th, 2009 termination was 24 units. Upper management had verbally attacked me in "meetings", that were held behind closed doors. I had asked for assistance for approx 4 years, out in the maintenance shop; nothing was ever implemented. But during these meetings I was asked over and over to work a night shift, alone on heavy equipment. I had spoke up and said that I wasnt comfortable working alone at night, when no one was around, as the site was closed @ 5pm daily. So in Feb, 2009; I had been off work with my Son, as he was ill. Upon returning to work after being gone for 3 days, the site manager called me into his office. As I sat down @ 0830, he said I was being terminated for misuse of a company cell phone. No prior written or verbal warnings were ever issued. And to add more insult and discredit my way, Waste Management's employer response to reason for termination to the local unemployment agency was, " employee violated company safety policy, and was employed as a driver?? For entire employment period, never was I classed as a driver, only senior tech, and the pay scale for senior tech. And not once had I ever texted any one from a company vehicle, nor was I ever warned or spotted using a cell phone in a company vehicle, sending text messages. The employers response was appealed, and the appeal was reviewed in my favor.
More Waste Management Complaints & Reviews
- Waste Management - scam charges 
- Waste Management - overcharged 
- Waste Management - breach of contract
- Waste Management - accused of crossing the line!! 
- Waste Management - terrible customer service and excessive fees 
- Waste Management [WM] - recycling
- Waste Management [WM] - waste management customer service and contracts
- Waste Management [WM] - service agreement 
- Waste Management [WM] - left bags on the curb 
- Waste Management (WM) - cancelled service 10 days ago, funds withdrawn today anyway!