Walmartmoneycard / can't receive text bal or a lerts to cell phone as instructed

The prepaid Walmart money card visa has become a mess. I was very happy eith it but now all of a sudden I can't get my bal to my phone per the 96862 number, the daily text alerts that are suposed to del. bal doesn't work. When I called customer service I had to pay a $2.00 fee and then they said they had no control that it was my phone co. that's not true because the walgreens greendot visa works just fine. The problem is with Walmart and this needs to be fixed. This is suposed to be a convience for us the consumer but it has turned into a great hassle. Walmart will be happy to take my money but won't deliver their promises. The card is useless if you can check your bal when you need to. Someone needs to fix this problem or I will take my money somewhere else.

Comments

• At
      16th of Oct, 2009

"prepaid Walmart money card visa", "walgreens greendot visa", "problem is with Walmart", "Walmart will be happy to take my money"

God I don't know where to start raging.

Guess what? That fancy Walmart MoneyCard of your's, its a GreenDot card. Just like The Walgreens one. Same company. Same customer service. Notice that nifty green dot on the card that says GreenDot? Yeah. [censored].

Walmart, just like Walgreens, sells the cards, which are produced and serviced by GREEN DOT.
    Main difference? Walmart is actually less expensive to purchase and reload.
    According to Walgreens' website, its almost $10 to purchase one. Its only $3 at Walmart.

Also: The problem isn't Walmart. It might be GreenDot, it might be your cellphone provider, but it's probably you.
    Walmart sold you the card. Of course you didn't read anything on the packaging, made stupid assumptions about how it works, and now you look like an idiot.

"Walmart will be happy to take my money"
    The money you give Walmart to put on your card...guess what? It goes on your card. Walmart gets a whopping $3 out of whatever it is you are loading onto your cart.
    GreenDot collects the monthly fees. They probably even get a share of the $3 reloading fee.

• Te
      20th of Jan, 2011

I had the same problem. I went back to Netspend because Walmarts emails and SMS messages didn't work as promised. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT but they try to blame it on you.