Walmart Money Card / maintenance fees ripoff

Aug 8, 2015
Walmart Money Card
My son purchased two Walmart Money Cards for gifts to me. A $100 one for my birthday Dec of 2014 and a $100 one for Christmas 2014. I did activate them. I did not like giving out so much personal info over the phone, but I did. I have been planning on using this $200 to purchase something really nice. I called [protected] the other day [protected]) to get my balance and I was told that I only had $76 left on each one of them due to all the Maintenance fees etc each month. And I am like "WHAT SERVICE FEES?" I thought a service fee was charged for a service !! My son paid a purchase price of around $8 for each one of these two cards plus the value of them. Well the phone rep told me that the fee was to insure, or something or the other, that the money was available...I was so upset that I could not understand what she was trying to say. I told her that the money should be there as they had already been paid. I told her that I did not know that I was going to have to pay all those charges ...my goodness had I known that I would have never saved these cards to use later...how stupid..I would have used them the very next day ..Asked if there was any way to waive those fees...she came back with a solution...I could put $1000 into each card account and they would waive the fees...so I had to laugh at that rather than cry. !!! I told her that I would not give them $1, much less $2000. I just wanted to get the money that they owed me I feel like they were paid about $216 for these cards and now they want to give me $152. Bad business...Big Ripoff ...I want my $200 !!! I am not believing that Walmart is a part of this. I have spent so much money there till my friends pick at me about owning stock in Walmart. lol. Very Very upset.

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores