Walmart / walmart pre-paid card

I purchased a wal-mart pre-paid card and the sales clerk did not explain that we had to keep our reciept in order. To activate it. I can't find my receipt and now how do I activate it. Does this mean I lost out on $100.00? Not only that but I called the customer service and there a joke to nobody wants to help without the receipt. I want my money back. I should have just purchased it at h. E. B I would have been garunteed my money without my stupid receipt. I will never use this card again and I think it's just a scam.

N  23rd of May, 2009 by
I can vouch for you on that one. I too had purchased a Visa Pre-Loan card for my son, for his b'day and they did NOT tell me I had to call the phone # to activate it.

BUT...I did find out about the phone # activation, because I asked the clerk to make sure there was the $500.00 on the card and she didn't know how, because it was sealed. So I went to the customer service counter and that is where I found out about the activation number.

Your right, they should have told you about it.
N  23rd of Jun, 2009 by
Give me a break! Customers have go to to start taking responsibility for their purchases. There is no way that one could explain each and every policy with each and every purchase. I would think that a person could hold on to a receipt for a minimum of 24 hours. By the way, if you knew which register, which associate and the approximate time, they could have looked up the transaction and printed you a duplicate receipt!
N  5th of Nov, 2010 by