Walmart / complaint

United States Review updated:

It hasn't been too bad shopping at walmart since that last problem I had at walmart store#100 in bentonville, ar (Which I posted about on here a number of weeks ago). Yesterday unfortunately, I had another bad encounter. This time at the wm store I have been shopping at closer to where I live in springdale, ar, which has also shown a lot better service than store 100 up until yesterday. There was a recent ad in the newspaper from wm for a 3 piece patio set from hometrends on sale for $120.00 (Regular $200). But when I got there yesterday to pick it up, the price had gone back up to the regular price. I went and told the girl and csm at the garden checkout about it. They said the sale ended the day before. Well first of all, the reason I didn't get the ad in time was because my newspaper carrier had missed my house for 2 days in a row when the sale was being advertised. Long story short, I finally got fed up and called into the newspaper office I had them bring me that day and the previous days papers too (This was friday). Apparently the ad was in one of the previous days papers that I didn't get in time and I just got them mixed up, plus I should of got that paper on the correct days to begin with!!! I didn't realize the ad had even expired until they told me about right there at the checkout, plus I had thought the sale was going to last a little more than just a couple of days anyway. I told them the situation and they still wouldn't let me have it at that price. I also told them my husband was a supervisor at the home office. After they still refused I finally got the store manager to come up, which turned out to be a co-manager who said the store manager was at stinking lunch!! He told me the same thing the others said, and this after even giving him the name of my husband and where he worked!! I ended up backing off on telling my husband about the last incident at store 100, but I have told him this time and have given them the names of all involved which I wrote down on a piece of paper before I left. I am starting to become ashamed my husband even works for walmart!!

Mr

Comments

• Do
      23rd of Apr, 2012

Its not their fault that you got your paper late! Who do you think you are anyways! I would say that your husband should be so embarrassed to have you for a greedy wife! I wonder how many people got a good chuckle from your actions from acting like a spoiled ###! Walmart doesn't revolve around you, in fact nor does the world either. Take a chill pill and relax.

• Sh
      27th of Apr, 2012

I was one of those people that got a "good chuckle". I hate when customers think they can get anything they want when Wal-Mart is actually NOT the one in the wrong.

• He
      27th of Apr, 2012

So because your husband works there you want special treatment? Wal-Mart pays his wages, so when you put gas in your car or food in your fat mouth it is because of Wal-Mart. It was the newpaper's fault not Wal-Mart, they do not control when you get your papers

• Id
      29th of Apr, 2012

You know, when ever I go into my husbands place of business or he into mine, we are very courteous and pleasant. We would never use the other's status as a power play. I think you should think about your husbands job in this economy. If you keep it up you may not have enough money to shop at Walmart