Walmart Canada / bad service

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Received a laptop as a gift with no receipt. Attempted return of laptop to upgrade to a better processor (approx $100 more); box was factory sealed (never opened) and had waybill from HP to Walmart on box. They refused to facilitate return - overall bad experience. Beware of purchasing electronics from Walmart as they give you a hard time. And there's no one that you can even reason with - they have very young employees with little customer service sense and no business acumen (even the managers). I have sent them a complaint and awaiting a response. Ended up getting receipt from gift giver (very embarassing for me!) and exchanging laptop. I've learned my lesson though, low prices comes at a high price to your dignity! Next time, I will support establishements that value their clients.

Comments

• Mo
      10th of May, 2010

Obviously you don't pay attention to detail and your knowledge when it comes to most retail policies across Canada is limited. I wasn't trying to receive a refund or a store credit. I was returning an intact product, that could be resold as new to the next customer. I wanted to simply pay the difference for the better laptop because as you stated a laptop is an expensive product and while it was bought it good faith, it didn't fit the type of activities I would be using it for. Secondly, you obviously have little faith in humanity if you think that the typical person would steal something off the shelf. I am a hard working individual with integrity and like 99% of the population would never dream of shoplifting or trying to return stolen merchandise. I do however agree that I am the one who embarassed myself and suffered the blow to my dignity by asking for the receipt from the gift giver, but if you examine my situation closely you would see that this exchange wouldn't have cost Walmart anything, actually they would have profitted from the exchange. As far as me having limited life experience, I would look in the mirror, I'm sure that most people have received a gift in the past that wasn't exactly what they wanted and have tried to exchange so that the gift wasn't given in vain. Are you perhaps a Walmart employee/manager in disguise? Come on, you can tell me, promise I won't hold it against you!!! And lastly, my age is inconsequential to this situation - because afterall I am the customer but I am from an era where the customer is always right and obviously you my friend come from a different time where you think that customer loyalty is meaningless. I do however see a change in the service and retail landscape and there's a positive return to good customer service and people like you will be weeded out or you will conform to the 'new' policy. There's just too much competition out there to provide bad service or to let a customer leave unhappy.

• Mo
      10th of May, 2010

Thank you for your interest in my complaint, your obvious passion for the other side of the matter and your insightfulness is inspiring. Good luck with the job hunt... but with your level of intellect and maturity, I don't believe luck is needed.

• Go
      24th of Jun, 2018

Got home with order from Walmart...found one item missing...went back to customer service with bill...after waiting in extensive lineup asked if this item had been reported or held...they didn't know...was then told to go and get same item...did so...waited in another extensive lineup...went to agent and was told this was wrong one...many of same items in same boxes...just different prices...they said identify by bar code??...no idea...went home down $70.00...also 3 years ago or so went to eyewear section of Walmart for glasses...all the usual measuring etc. BS...they called a few weeks later...area closed in middle of day... after a couple of weeks they called me to pick up glasses...went there...area closed again...gave up...got glasses somewhere else...ordered online with Walmart...itrm deducted off credit card...never received...complained...got credit back on card...last trip to Walmart for me...