Walmart / could not carry my purse in walmart

I'm a 40 year old mother of two and my purse is a small black book bag filled with diapers and kid stuff. The only thing I have that is mine is a organizational makeup bag with slots on the outside for my credit cards. I was not allowed to have my purse in Walmart. I was taken to the manager and she just rolled her eyes and said leave it at the front. I have been carrying that bag for 2 years. If I have a real diaper bag it would be TWICE as big. If I was 15, I could understand. I even showed the person at the front what was inside.

Va

Comments

• Ep
      25th of Feb, 2009

You probably snatched stuff before...that's why.

• Uh
      20th of Sep, 2009

that's a lie
    unless you previously have shoplifted

• At
      16th of Oct, 2009

I've seen customers use their oversized purses as shopping baskets.
    You're full of it. Only reason they'd even mention it is if they've seen you shoplift before.

• Fo
      12th of Feb, 2010

i have a few different messenger bags, and my local walmart will usually stop me and tell me that i'm not allowed to take it into the store. other walmarts are different, but this one is very adamant about not allowing me to take it into the store. either way, the OP might have a valid complaint, and GASP;not be a shoplifter. geez.

• Un
      19th of Apr, 2010

Wow i've worked for Walmart before and never have any manager or any type of employee asked a customer to leave their purse/book bag at the front. As far as I know it's illegal unless they have a sign posted on the door stating they have the right to do that. even if your are a known shoplifter every Walmart has atleast one undercover security guard who will follow you around just in case you decide to steal. Your story is either a lie or you shop at a really really crappy store. If that really happens to anybody else make sure to check out laws to make sure it is legal to do that, and if it's not then sue the crap out of that store and get the corporation to fire the ### who order you to give up your personal bag for ANY reason. That is wrong and unfair.

• Te
      22nd of Jun, 2010

All Walmarts are different, if this really happened and you hadn't caused any problems before, contact your local district manager. The number should on the left when you talk up to Customer Service. Companies don't like the bad rep. so you might get offered a $20 or 30 dollar gift card.

• Su
      20th of Aug, 2010

In all the walmarts i have ever been in acrossed the country I have never heard of such a thing!!! I carry a diaper bag and a messenger purse every where i go and I am a secret shopper and we monitor things like this. I honestly think that you have been in this walmart before or maybe an evil twin and you have been marked thats the only logical answer im sorry but this complaint is bogus!!!

• Cr
      4th of Jan, 2011

that doesnt mean the complaint is bogus. geeze people

• Mr
      19th of Jan, 2011

Seriously though, what the hell was she going to shoplift? Anything over 20 bucks is bolted down. Oh wait, I knew she was suspect... SHE IS THE FADED GLORY BANDIT!!!

21st of Feb, 2011

#1 a merchant has the right to tell you not to bring a purse/bag in the store. Why not just leave it in the car do you really need it? Secondly I find it hard to believe they would single you out unless they suspected or caught you lifting. Third you are very arrogant to say a 15 year old is more likely to shop lift. I've seen people of all ages and races lifting. I'm sure they are not upset to not see you in there anymore.