Walmart / store #0906 manager eric holmes

We have shopped in your store from the beginning of when it first opened in Gallup, New Mexico years ago.

We have found your prices and items to be well below the other stores. As far as food items we shopped at A Albertson's before Wal-Mart opened. Safeway always has been highest followed by Albertson's. Once in awhile we go to Safeway for meat that is on sale in which they carry good meat.

As far as clothing there is very little choice Penny's which is high.

When they put up the super I thought with 17 or more check out stations there would be little wait in lines. On an average as far as 20 or more items there is only about 6 that are open except on Holidays. Last evening at 8:30 PM we stood in line for at least 30 to 40 minutes. We started in one line then they shut it down and had to start all over. My wife who has had a bypass and diabetic and both of us are up in age. There were other elderly people who were waiting longer than us A supervisor finally came around and apologized stating that some checkers had called in sick on account of the long weekend. This may be true but I would think that they would have extra checkers that could alleviate this. Safeway calls up checkers from the back when there lines get backed up. Last night they were baked up in the isles and down the isles. This isn't the first time that this has happened but numerous times.

We spend on the average of at least $300.00 per week at your store and with the amount of business there is I think that this store could well afford to take care of their customers better. What I think is that the manager is trying to make a bigger bonus and a feather in his hat at the expense of the customers.
I don't know if I have ever seen him. I have seen a young blond haired guy which looks like had authority running around but I have no idea who he is.He isn't very friendly with the customers.

I hope that this will be looked into and straightened out and not tossed aside. If not you will hear from me again.

Br

Comments

15th of May, 2009

When I first started shopping at the Super WalMarts I thought the meat prices were great and the meat was fresh. Well I have found out differently. The pre packaged meat is treated with Carbon Dioxide to keep it from turning brown and making the shelf life longer. On the shelf date the meat is sent back to be ground up. Ever wonder why the hamburg meat is brown in the middle? the old is mixed with the new. I spend about $500.00 per monthon meat for our family. Well I don't spend it at Wal Mart anymore. I go to HEB or a local butcher. I would suggest you don't buy meat there either

• Lc
      23rd of Jun, 2009

There are no "cashiers in the back". Walmart runs a tight ship. When people call in, there are no stand=bys. That's why they call them "weekends". Plus everyone already has their alotted hours and if someone DID by chance want to come it to work, they can't. What I would suggest is to plan your shopping trips for the less shopped hours. Never on a weekend, though!