Walmart / no longer carrying calorie countdown

I am allergic to milk and soy products, extremely. I am also diabetic. Calorie countdown dairy product was wonderful. I could drink something that tasted exactly like milk cook with it and not worry about the calories or the effect on my body. Then all of a sudden you remove it from the shelves. Shame on you. I have several family members who are diabetic and they drank and used this product. It is manufactured by the hood company. I live in dry ridge, ky and no one around carries this. I have to go to only one florence kroger store to purchase this. They charge almost double what walmart charged. I spoke to them about the price and they were unwilling to meet the price of walmart. I live on disability and every penny counts. You know how expensive it is anyway to purchase groceries how would you like to pay $5.00 for a half gallon of milk. I don't think you would. Please for all of us out there who loved this product please bring it back. According to the hood company you carry it, however it is not in your dairy cases. Help us. Please, please bring it back. Thank you. Teresa reynolds

Comments

• St
      10th of Feb, 2009

honey sometimes if a company is not making enough money from a product they take it off the shelves, they are there to make money not lose it because only 1 person and their family members use a certain product its all about supply and demand if you and your family are the only ones buying it the demand isn't all that high enough for them to keep stocking it when they can replace it with something that will sell better and as for kroger they are a smaller company but they are union and its because of those 2 things that they for whatever reason have to charge just a little more money for things also if you have a kroger plus card a whole lot of things won't cost as much.

• Ar
      9th of Sep, 2009

Is your caps lock key stuck, you crazy bat?

• De
      26th of Sep, 2009

Hi,
    I got the following recipe from a Low Carb message board. It's simple and relatively inexpensive. Do a search for "homemade low carb milk", there are probably more than just this one. Another alternative is Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk It's really good, but you may have to order online. It does have a slight almond flavor, but it is not that big of a deal.

Good Luck
    -Amy

Homemade Low Carb Milk
    CarolynF
    One cup:

1-2 Tbs. of heavy cream (depending on how creamy you want it)
    1 1/3 Tbs. of instant dry milk
    1 cup of cold water
    sprinkle of salt
    tiny sprinkle of splenda (if you want)

Just put the ingredients in and shake it up. Refrigerate.

Calories 65 if 1 Tbs. of cream is used, 110 if 2 Tbs. of cream is used
    5 grams of fat / 10 grams of fat
    3 carbs / 3 carbs
    2 grams of protein / 2 grams of protein

Of course, you can double/triple, etc. the recipe. But it's pretty cheap to make.