Walgreens.com / bad customer service

United States Review updated:

My son, away at college, calls with his usual "Mom I don't have" Instead of sending money, I decide to go shopping online. I decided that Walgreen's.com was the best place to go because I could get everything from beef jerky to toilet paper. Three days after placing my order I receive notice that payment has been posted and my order is being processed. The next day I receive notice that my order has shipped. Walgreen's forgot one little thing on the package, the apartment number. UPS did circle through the apartment complex, but did not stop. Instead they decided to try to deliver the package in another city to someone with the same last name. That person declined the package for they had not ordered from Walgreen's. So UPS tried to deliver to three other people in three different states with the same last name. They all refused. I learned this by the tracking number. Not being able to give away my package, UPS decides to return it to Walgreen's warehouse. When I called Walgreen's customer service to inform them what was going on I was told, and I quote, "You need to get a hold of UPS and fix this yourself." I complained to Walgreen's until they decided to send another package right away. They did not follow through, so I called and asked for my money back. I was told that my problem would be escalated. I told them I just want my money back. I am then told I haven't given them enough time to resolve the situation. The order was placed in August and it is now into Sept. I talked to another rep and was told I would receive my money back but instead they re-sent a new package. I was then told the shipment couldn't be stopped and they were sorry I wasn't told about it and I would get the shipping fee back. I still haven't received the money for shipping, but the goods were finally delivered.
Va

Comments

Ka
  15th of Sep, 2008
i was an employee up untill recently. i have seen so many things that were not professional in the retail business, (within walgreens) between management and co workers and our customers. I my self have been let go by the co. for false accusations. I have seen managers who do not care about the customer and disrepect them as a human being, but we as employees must obide. I have been trying to reach the corporate office or human resourses for days as well as three of my friends, to no avalil. it seemes that wal greens does not really care about their customer service as much as I did. i feel for the person and her son who had a problem with the transfor of her package... I my self would have made sure that things were handled if I were aware of the fact and that they came through my store, brcause i would like the same treatment mysel.. I you can offer me some help in contacting the corp. ofc or human resources i would greatly appreciate it. you are not alone.. k.z.
Tr
  13th of Jul, 2009
My parents brought in photos to be developed throught the 1 hour processing. Well when they dropped them off the clerk there told them that the pictures would not be ready until 2pm. My mom called the store at 2pm to make sure the pictures were done and the clerk said that they will have them done for 6pm. So around 6pm my called back to go and pick them up, well now the clerk told my mom that they need to send them out to have them developed because they machine is down. Why didn't they tell us that the machine was down in the first place, we would of brought them to a different place. When my mom finally went to get them she asked to speak to a manager they sent over the assistant manager to speak to my mom. The assistant manager has a MAJOR attitude problem and she should not be a manager at all. Managers need to have customer skills and she doesn't. My mom and I are managers for where we both work and we try to please the customers, she didn't even try to. She never offered any discounts or coupons or anything. How can you have someone be a manager for a place that I do know does good business, I hate to say this but you are going to loose customers that way. I will never return to Walgreens again, I will stick to shopping at RITE-AID!, they have awsome customer service. And let me tell you they help and please the customers.
Sh
  30th of Aug, 2009
Our problems continue to be with customer service and demeanor from the pharmacy end of walgreens. My mom has terminal medical conditions and suffers immense pain 24 hrs a day for years until recently the last year. My mom's new doc had worked for 2 yrs to find a pain control regiment that works for best quality of life and it works well with minimal side effects. It consists of very large mg doses of narcotic pain meds and something like 3 different kinds for instant relief, extended relief for bedtime and breakthrough pain.

The doc prefers she use only walgreens to fill meds and many times she is judged and harassed by pharmacists, lied to on two occasions and today the pharmacist flat out refused the monthly refill. The guy took it upon himself to decide that my mom does not need her refill this month since she has other pain meds. The guy even said that she has too many pain meds and he; who has never even met her, doesnt know her illness or anything about her... alters her doctor's prescription regiment after years of trying so many other treatments and meds. the current regiment would not be in place if it wasn't needed or if there was some other method or if my mom and her doc hadnt exhuasted all other means.

The pharmacist told us that he would give her one day supply until he contactcs her doc who isnt in for two more days. He actually told my mom she didnt need the refill and I told him the script is lagit and has been for some time and we always fill it there. The man said there is no since arguing (as if we were) that she go home and he will call her doc to verify why she needs so many meds and he sternly said not to call him either just to wait for his call. Upon our efforts to complain about past harassment, i learned that walgreens policy is that all prescription fills are at the discression of the individual pharmacist so they are allowed to refuse for any reason.

Further, the pharmacist filled a one day supply yet printed on the label that he filled the full quantity over 200 pills so we called to tell him knowing the importance of medication label accuracy and the guy said it was no problems and makes no difference and hung up on my mom.

We have complained to the doc before about walgreens but the doc really preferred we stay with them but this next vist we are going to demand a new pharmacy on the pain contract.

As far as i know, a pharmacist is not a medical doctor and has never treated my mom for her illness. I do not understand how he or any pharmacist has any right to make adjustments my mom's treatments. We are tired of her being humiliated almost every time she gets her meds just because they are pain meds and she gets 15 other scripts from them as a huge revenue source they are about to loose but dont seem to care.

This pharmacist was the pharmacy manager so we will start by talking to the store manager after she gets her meds. Anyone know of another source to file a complaint about bad customer service knowing we cant dispute the decision not to fill a script.
Sh
  30th of Aug, 2009
oops..my bad i meant this to be a comment i should have filed as complaint. will do so
Sc
  29th of Oct, 2009
Go Figure.Sounds like Walgreens.As an Employee I see it happen all the time.The managers disrespect costumers and employees like if their dirt.It's bad that all these compaints cant change anything.It gets over looked so they dont have a bad name.Im sorry to the lady that cant get a refund.It makes sense.Walgreens do anything to get people to buy stuff and it's hell if ur not satisfied OR if it's THEIR FAULT!Someone needs to do something about this.Corperate is just as GUILTY as the stores getting these complaints!
Ro
  7th of Sep, 2010
THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME SHOPPING AT WALGREENS.COM AND THE EXPERIENCE WAS NOT GREAT. THEY DID NOT SHIP BOTH MY ITEMS THAT i BOUGHT, I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD SHIP THE ITEM THAT WAS MISSING, HOWEVER IT NEVER ARRIVED. I THEN CALLED BACK AND SOMEONE TOLD ME THE ITEM WAS NEVER SHIPPED TO BEGIN WITH. I ONLY ORDERED TWO ITEMS AND THE WHOLE TRANSACTION HAS TURNED INTO A TOTAL NIGHTMARE. I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD RESEND THE ITEM, HOWEVER AT THIS POINT I DON'T EVEN WANT IT ANYMORE SO I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK. I WILL NOT EVER SHOP WITH WALGREENS AGAIN. I NORMALLY DON'T SHOP HERE ANYWAY I USUALLY BUY BEAUTY PRODUCTS FROM WALMART OR HARMONS. THEY HAPPENED TO HAVE A SALE ON THIS EYESHADOW I COULD NOT FIND ELSWEAR, SO THATS WHAT LEAD ME HERE. WALGREENS IS TO EXPENSIVE IT'S WORST THAN CVS WITH THE PRICES.
Se
  12th of Nov, 2010

Walgreens.com - Horrible customer service, no communication
Walgreens.com
walgreens.com

Horrible customer service, no communication. Ordered something over a week ago and they charged my bank account but never gave me any information on the order status. When speaking with customer service, they state to check the online order status, which doesn't exist.
To
  6th of Sep, 2013
I left the Drs. office on Sept 06, 2013, i had a prescription to fill and my insurance has me pay nothing if I go to Walgreen.well I went in to get my meds, and was told it would take 3 hrs. to get it filled due to the fact it is a narcotic, i was told and the new proceedures it would take 3 hrs to fill it, i asked since when did this come into effect she said, Feb.2013 I told her I have this filled every month at Walgreens and it is always, 15-20 mins.I thought about it and was gonna come back but I live 18 miles away, so I asked for it back and they handed it to me.I think this was a flat out lie, and when I asked for it back, they were all standing around talking, so I took it to another Walgreens and they were out, so once again I was looking for another store, finally went to CVS and got in and out in 12 mins.Botton line is I will never ever go back to the store on Tillitson st. in Muncie Indiana.They were very rude and just acted as if I was bothering them, so cause of that I wasted gas, running around and had to pay $ 7.00 when it should have been free and done in a few minuets, not hours, and I will also let people I know how rude I treated by this Walgreens.I mean I am a well dressed, well spoken, very polite person and I will not be treeted this badly.
Cd
  21st of Jul, 2014
I had to drop off and pick up a prescription for my son who has Sickle Cell Disease I was really disappointed with the staff at the Walgreen's in Durham NC on Holloway St.We have always known that most people in the Medical field look at Sickle Cell patients as drug seekers and this was shown to me by the pharmacy staff that took five days and finally said that they didn't have my son prescription that I dropped off or authorization information, my son ended up in the hospital because he couldn't manage his pain at home.So I would like to thank the staff and only hope that one day you walk a mile in my son's shoe and I hope that you have someone helping you with a heart.So I would suggest you going some place other than where you work.

Walgreens Logo Walgreens