Walgreens Pharmacy Dept / prescriptions

1 WI, United States Review updated:

Im not sure if the pharmacy department of this particular Walgreens is to blame...or if it's the manufacturer / distributor but... For 2 consecutive months when I went to pick up a prescription, I was shorted.

I understand that they can't replace the drug that is missing because it is a narcotic. What I dont understand is their lazy a$$ed attitude about it. Someone somewhere is getting a narcotic that they arent prescribed...and that they didnt pay for and NO one seems too concerned about it.

I know what they're thinking...it's a narcotic and Im just trying to get more etc.

NO one but me touched this med from the time of purchase until the time I discovered they'd been tampered with so it didnt happen while in my possession.

I closely inspected the packaging of both prescriptions to ensure the packaging was not or had not been tampered with. Im just not sure if someone in the pharmacy is really good at concealing what they've done, or if this happened even before it got to the pharmacy.

BUT...I think it's a screw that I..and my insurance is paying for something Im not receiving.

I just wish more could be done.

Comments

13th of Sep, 2009

This happened to my nephew with his Adderal XR. His Rx was written for 60 pills. He came over to my house after picking this prescription up and gave it to me. I always hold it for him so that none of his room mates steal it. So he gives me the bottle. And right away I notice that it is a small Rx bottle and not the larger size that 60 capsules will fit in. (my daughter gets the same RX for 60 and it always comes in a larger bottle.) So immediately I asked him if he had a 2nd bottle of the medication. He said NO that was all they gave him. I had opened the stapled bag so I knew he was not lying. I called the Walgreen's Pharmacy, Spoke with one of the girls in the Pharmacy. She tells me I will have to call back tomorrow that the Pharmacy Manager is gone for the weekend. I said that was unacceptable, that this was a criminal matter is it was not settled within the remainder of the day! I also told her I was coming down there now and hung up. I went to Walgreen's (within 5 minutes). I spoke with the Pharmacy manager that was on for the evening. She said that we would have to wait until her shift was over, and at that time they would do a controlled substance count. I told her that was not acceptable and if they did not find out what happened to the remaining 30 Adderal XR, I would call the Police and I am sure they could settle this, with the end result being someone getting arrested. This Manager was not happy with my ultimatum. However, she went and did a quick count of the Adderal in stock. ( at least that is what she said she did?) She returned with the remainder of the Adderal and apologized for the misunderstanding. I personally think someone in the pharmacy stole the 30 Adderal and thought because my nephew was not an older adult... he was 19 at the time. That they could get away with stealing this drug and he wouldn't do any thing about it. Considering most young adults hate any contact with the police, especially when it comes to drugs like Adderal. This person in the pharmacy never expected someone that knows the law to come down and demand the return of this controlled medication. If you use this pharmacy again, open your package before you leave and count the medication yourself. If it is short, you should call the police immediately, then show the open package to the pharmacist and tell them it is short, and that you have called the police. Because you know someone there has been shorting you on your controlled medication and now you can prove it. And you know the police will be very interested in this problem. I am sure the Pharmacist will give you what is missing. But wait for the police so that an investigation can be done. The people that work in pharmacies are humans like you and I. They are just as susceptible to abusing or becoming addicted to drugs. I do hope this information helps and that you are able to settle this matter.

• Dr
      13th of Jan, 2010

my name is dennis smith. i also had something like this happen at a walgreens pharmacy in jasper indiana. i too was shorted 30 methadone tablets and 90 percocet tablets. at first i was told there was a mistake of 60 methadone tablets. i told them there was alot more than 60 missing. the manager told me their pill counting machine never made mistakes. that was like a slapto my inteligence. because their machine just made a 60 pill mistake. i do not know who took my pills but i spent the last part of the month so very, very sick. with alot of pain and suffering. ever since then walgreens have blew me off.having people in corp.not returning my calls ect.ect.ect... well walgreens i want $10, 000 for my pain and suffering or i will hirer an attorney. by the looks of it i am not the only one who has had this problem. looks like this may fall under class action lawsuit... so i better get a letter from you A.S.A.P. myaddress isDENNIS SMITH 300N. WEST ST. APT 205 ODON INDIANA 47562. TELEPHONE is 812-636-0047

25th of Jan, 2010

Well Dennis, you do have to understand that these people in the pharmacy see people like you (on strong narcotics) coming in on a daily basis claiming they were shorted their pills. Don't eat them all in one day and you won't be "shorted" lol... And being on such strong drugs as methadone AND percocet I do not see WHY IN THE WORLD you would post your address for all to see! That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, you are ASKING to be robbed! And then you really won't have your meds! And what kind of doctor is prescribing you methadone AND percocet together?

• Na
      2nd of Feb, 2010

why take methadone and percocet together?? methadone is a opoid blocker and the percocet isnt doing anything but getting your body addicted to it and u dont need that cause no matter what the methadone is a drug that is long lasting and stays in your system for up to three days and when your ready to get off the methadone your going to have a hard time cause everyone does, im very educated on this methadone thing, i go to the clinic, so your body is going to go threw withdraw from methadone and percocet so your best bet would to be to drop the percocet and wing down to the lowest dose of methadone u can...if something would happen to that doctor, ur not going to just find any doc to wing you off or even give them to you so seriously think about the furture here..

• Na
      2nd of Feb, 2010

i cant believe that 30 pills were missing, thats crazy!!! im so so sorry to hear that and i wonder if one of the pharmacy's assistans are doing this ?? u no how they have girls back in the pharmacy working and theres no way all those ppl have a right to be back there ya no??? i cant believe that, im deffinetly counting my pills for now on cause i kept running out of my klonpins and i couldnt understand why cause i took everone like i was suppose too and i was a week short and my wife cant take them and woul tell me if she did and she didnt so thats someting to think about there?? i like joe and dont want him in trouble but hes had legal things go on in the past i dont know what but ??? who no's...

• Kr
      15th of Aug, 2010

what I would do the next time I picked up my script..before they try and hand your meds to you..you can ask for them to be recounted infront of you...because once they have touched your hands they are no longer liable..I always have mine recounted because(accidents) can happen...good luck

4th of Aug, 2011

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy www.pill24.org I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
    P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 9sh73h

• Br
      9th of Sep, 2017

walgreens is a joke, i quit walgreens 2yrs ago but since walmart is just as bad, i went back to walgreens to give them another try, well, all differant people working at our walgreens so we thiught maybe thats good things will be done right, ''not'', i dropped off a prescription on the 24th, only received part of script, thats fine, so i had to drive 50 miles to doctor becuz walgreens doesnt fill the other half, so i drive back with new script and walgreens says my full script will be ready on the 9th of next month which is today, well they not only didnt order my script they had none in stock, , ha, so i told him he was a sorry fool, and i went to a family owned pharmacy down the road, they gave me a half script, and said they would give me the balance once it came in, they also said they can do a 24 hr order fill, rather than me going to get another script, its 10 bucks more but well worth the service, walgreens, pfft never again, nothing has changed there, do your self a favor go to a family owned pharmacy,