Walgreens / xmas bonus

1 IA, United States Review updated:

Walgreens ha announced that employees will no longer be receiving their Xmas' bonus. This is total crap. I'm a 28 year employee, single and I have 5 children. My Xmas bonus was essential to be able to give my children at least 1 gift. I live paycheck to paycheck, have no credit cards, have been able to keep up on my house payments. How can they deny us this when it has always been considered one of our company benefits? This is beginning to smell like the crap that goes on in Washington when large companies get bailed out and then the heirarchy goes on their retreats. This is really hurtful considering how hard I work at this time of the year and making sure the store looks great, customers are happy, and the management is less stressed because I'm usually covering their behind because they are not doing their job the way they should.

Comments

• Sb
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Im going to assume you were just venting and are not seriously upset about this.

Because I work for walgreens also. I also am not getting my christmas bonus. I am ALSO Dissapointed. But im not angry.. I still have my job.

There are LOADS of people who would love to be in your shoes because they just LOST THIER JOBS.. that's right. Laid off to offset the companies losses. So for you to be so upset about a BONUS, which you have said yourself is one of the BENIFITS of working for Walgreens, is unbelievable. The benefit for working for Walgreens this Christmas season ma'am is still being under good employ, receiving fair wages, along with other benefits STILL available.
    I do feel for your situation and I hope you and your children have happy holidays.

• Ri
      7th of Dec, 2008

it's sad that you've lost the bonus, I've lost mine as well. But I am greatful that they decided to give us 20 percent disc til end of yr. As well, it could be worse, you could have gotten your bonus and your walking papers . Sacrifies are being made with all companies in america, that is just the nature of the beast. At least we haven't shut any store down.

• He
      4th of May, 2009

I don't remember ever getting a real bonus. I had a $25 Walgreens gift card as my bonus. Is this what you are talking about? In 2007 they changed the policy to 5 year employees only, unless that employee worked for the company before January of 2005 (pretty sure that was the month). We only really found that out because we thought some of the employees cards were missing. When we called payroll, we were told the new rule. As far as Christmas 2008 goes, I no longer worked for the company.