Walgreens Flu Shots / who gives flu shots?
When did a drug store become a hospital? Why are pharmacist giving flu shots or shots of any kind? The dirty secret is because Walgreens makes so much money on the flu shots. They charge $30 when it only cost them a few dollars. That is more than a $25 profit. It all comes down to MONEY! The pharmacists are forced to do this otherwise they will lose their jobs. They take a ONE DAY class and then they practice on each other. And now they are ready to give shots? I can't believe the drop in professionalism but I guess any can poke a needle into your arm after one day of class. In fact, drug addicts are much better at it than anyone.
The pharmasists are disgruntled but what can they do. They are doing so many things and to give shots on top of it. There is no real area set up to do this and with the running around there is a possibiltiy that things can get contaminated.
They should have a professional nurse focussed on administering the shots and explaining all the details. They can also answer any questions and not rush to do other things. That is the proper way.
More Walgreens Flu Shots Complaints & Reviews
- Walgreens - as an employee 
- Walgreens - refuse to pay back 
- Walgreens Phone Card - calling cards 
- Walgreens - employee relations 
- Walgreens - $3000. sweepstakes 
- Walgreens - pharmacy services
- Walgreens - present identification 
- Walgreens - I was turned away from a nurse practitioner to be seen
- Walgreens - drivers license scan for cigarettes
- Walgreens - employee complaint store #30