Walgreens / misrepresentation poor management

1 Westlake Shopping MallDaly City, CA, United States Review updated:

After one problem was finally resolved that involved $1. 00 ink - jet cartridge refills, advertised at walgreens on "earth day"... Then other problems popped up. Some more serious.

That's the problem with walgreens. If you decide to shop there you can expect more problems arising from that one shopping experience. Their stores in san francisco, especially in the sunset district, cater to asians. The stores are managed and staffed by all asian. Isn't that discrimination? The asian employees treat all other customers rudely, they won't help you if they can get away with it.

The store managers are just as bad, they mismanage these stores to the point of stupidity. Don't dare voice a complaint because it will be you that's seen as the troublemaker. This is because walgreens is a deceptive corporation, there is no real customer service. They want customers to shop there and get out, if you don't like then don't come back.

There's no room for improvement at walgreens. Corporate is worse!

So... I tried getting the $1 refills at the daly city store in the westlake shopping center. Behind the "photo desk" was this nosey asian woman who demanded to know the details on how I got the $1 refills. I told her it was "none of her business" and to just do her job and refill the cartridge. She was argumentative and rude but this is expected at walgreens. I rarely shop at walgreens.

After dealing with this witch (For use of a better word), I got my refills.
I couldn't do an entire batch of 10 or more because of the initial confusion in trying to get this earth day special. I had the cartridges but after being told by the regional manager's snotty secretary that this special wasn't going to happen for me, I threw them away. I emailed the ceo (Greg wasson) and things changed quickly. The snotty secretary changed and became so sweet. I'm leaving extra details out, like contacting the store manager (Who is never there), the assistant manager who is careless and inept, the district manager who is evasive and unhelpful and the regional manager who is well hidden, pompous and refuses to talk to the customer. If I went into all the details the story would go on forever.

My problem was resolved with my request being honored for (10) $1 ink jet refills, so far so good. Now we go back to that store for more and this time we encounter the same woman and the same young man who is the assistant manager (He screened me thoroughly the first time I went there)... They are gossiping about me and my mother! We are standing right behind the assistant manager and can hear everything.
Once they realize this the young man rushes away and the asian woman acts like nothing is wrong.

I report this crude behavior to mr. Wasson and ask for compensation, more ink - jet refills and a walgreens gift card... And why not? I mean if this were "medieval times" both employees would be openly punished in the town square. But we are civilized in the 21st century so asking for some type of compensation is warranted. Where do these two idiots get off talking about my mom and me?

My god... This is walgreens! Where all customers are treated fairly and respected... Bulls - - -!

Mr. Wasson turns this new matter over to his legal dept. And now i'm harassed by another pain - in - the - # so - called senior attorney who has violated my privacy rights by emailing me and sending me letters.
She states that nothing will be done for us because of this insult. She demands that I contact her only.

Her letter states that she wants to talk to me. Sure she does, to get the facts about the incident. She writes, "you, of course, can choose to shop at walgreens or not"... Now how's that for walgreens great customer service!!!

Comments

• Ga
      13th of Apr, 2010
    Phone: 9729238700

will explain when needed

• 12
      30th of Apr, 2011

Walgreens expects too much out of their employees for too little money. They will work you like a slave. That's probably why the employees are rude. Also, Walgreens is very selective in who they hire and retain on the job. They want to hire the most submissive, quickest and smartest servant they can find because they're a greedy as hell retail business. They like to hire Asians because, stereotype has it, they are smarter and like to work hard. I seriously believe they don't prefer to hire blacks or disabled people, unless they have to. The only Walgreens I see with black employees are the Walgreens in predominantly black neighborhoods.

• Jr
      24th of Dec, 2011

Holy Crap this is awesome I'm nice to everyone but if you're a [censored] then you need to shut the [censored] up and go to h*ll. If we lived medieval times you would have your mouth washed out with acid for being a woman and opening your fat racist mouth. Just because you spend money somewhere doesn't mean you deserve jack you crazy [censored]. S my d!