Wal Mart Money Card / piece of crap!

1 Ontario, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (877)937-4098

This card is the biggest piece of crap I have ever had to deal with! I got my card stolen from a clrk at a gas station in santa ana and so I called the station to get my money back because this jerk off had the nerve to use MY CARD at the same gas station where I last used it where He worked! (I know it had to be him because he handed my i.d back and not my card which I later realized) Well that was the info according to the automated system for the walmart card had given me. So I cancelled my card and called the gas station and they said they had no record of those transactions and that they needed exact times. So I call the walmart supposedly customer care number and this crappy ### auotomated system sends me from one number to another! 4 total and each one sends me to the next one that at the end of the cycle ends up with the first number I began with! According to one number it says "for this account you will need to call a different number, here it is"... etc. Then I call that number and basically the same thing is said and so on and so forth! So I cant get in, I cant talk to anyone, therefore I cant get my damn transctions or times to get this problem fixed asap and get this aHole fired so he doesnt do this again!! It is just time wasted and the walmart corp is responsible for it! Just for future reference, if your in the santa ana area and happen to use the chevron off mcfadden and village dr off the 55 that is owned by Cynthia Demoslai enterprise watch out for that F*(# Head and/or keep close attention when using any kind of card there! And I do not recommend the walmart paycard to anyone. That is just one thing I had to deal with since I first got it! I am currently searching for other card options since I had a lil fall out with a couple banks a few years back. So remember if you do happen to get this card, DO NOT rely on thir "Customer support" for [censored]! I hope someone from walmart or the BBB reads all these complaints from so many loyal walmart customers and does omething about it! Because they had to go in to a wal mart for some reason to notice they had a paycard so surely they must be customers! And for this to happen to so many and get no where is just plain Ridiculous!

Jf

Comments

• At
      15th of Oct, 2009

Its Walmart's fault you can't keep track of your own damn card?

But before I rage on you too hard for being a [censored] I have to ask:

Do you mean a Walmart Paycard for employees, which is how they now get paychecks.
    Its basically a debit card that Walmart directly deposits the money onto.

Or do you mean a Walmart prepaid visa debit card?
    In which case calling Walmart would be a stupid thing to do.
    Walmart issues those cards, but its Green Dot that takes care of it.

I hope you mean the former. Getting the run-around on your employee paycard would piss me off too.
    But since you referred to yourself as a "loyal customer" I'm assuming that the latter is the case (not an employee), in which you are a [censored].
    Again, Walmart doesn't take care of customer service for Green Dot cards.
    Next time read the fine print on the cards packaging.

For the record, I work at the MoneyCenter at one of the Walmarts in my city.
    Do you have any idea how many idiots come up wanting to buy one of those prepaid debit cards without so much as even glancing at the back?
    They have fees. They have limits. They have their own customer service. They are a long term card, not just for a single online purchase.

21st of Dec, 2009

It's not a friendly card whatsoever... However, in this case, I would approach the owner of the gas station first. Tell them what happened and get a printout of your transactions from online if possible. Take this to the owner and have them review their video surveillance. If need be, I would tell them you will take the matter to the police. My friend had a similar problem in the gas station he owns and he did reviewed the video with the customer, called the clerk into the office and had him explain. No explanation..just fired and my friend gave the customer back his money with an apology.

Although I do agree that the Walmart card is not a friendly card, I think you can handle this without involving their "customer service" folks.

Having said that, here’s my take on Prepaid Debit Cards (payroll cards) based on my own experience:

The card you have is typical because most cards either have a monthly fee or pretty limited as to the free items.

I have worked at Starbucks for about 7 months now and they allow us to have a card called the Money Manager Card. The choice was pretty simple because there are no monthly fees, I can use it on their network (allpoint atms) free at all times, never any fees to buy things (signing or using my PIN and getting cash back if I want…all without a fee or surcharge), no overdraft. Let’s just say I haven’t paid a fee in the entire time I’ve had the card. It’s pretty simple to use it at no charge and I really don’t have to tip-toe around any limited free items like most other cards I have seen have.

Oh, and don’t lose most payroll cards! If you do, it’ll cost you $$ even to get the replacement sent by the post office. My new card give free replacements when delivered by the post office all of the time. Or, if I want, I can get it delivered by Fedex for $10. Pretty reasonable as I sent something by Fedex a month ago and paid $14!

I should state that Walmart has something that is similar sounding to Money Manager Card. I think it is the Money Card or something like that. That card is definitely not the same.

I did a quick Google search on Money Card when investigating the Starbucks offering and mistakenly clicked on a link to a Money Card “problem” page (something like this site) where people complained about it. Then, I realized that “Money Card” is not “Money Manager Card”.