Vonage / Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices
Vonage got the best of me over the past 2 days. First off I called to request that they give me the pricing that they are giving new customers only to learn that "they are sorry but do not have such offers in place for existing customers" They go on to say how much they appreciate my business (1.5 years) as opposed to saying what is really the truth of "we really enjoy screwing good customers while we give away the farm to attract new ones"
So after pondering this for a day I decided what the heck, I really dont need a landline anyway as this was just old habit right! So I first tried to cancel service via the web (the same way that I ordered it) only to learn that you have to call and get the pleasure of speaking with some low level employee who's primary language is something other than English...Next, they cancel my service and then I get an "oh, by the way. your cancellation fee will be $39.95 plus tax..." and WAIT!! THERES MORE!!! "we are unable to process a partial months credit that you have pre-paid because thats the way the system works"
Ok, so now this is done and I have had 3 email exchanges with Vonage customer care in an attempt to make things right and they have all been to no avail. They are UNWILLING TO MAKE IT RIGHT AT THE RISK OF THIS HAPPENING!! THEY SIMPLY DO NOT CARE!!!
That said, it is now my personal mission to help 100 people learn about the perils of doing business with Vonage and to prevent Vonage from getting that business.
More Vonage Complaints & Reviews
- Vonage - Scam and fraud! 
- Vonage Home Service - Terrible customer service 
- Vonage World Calling Plan - Unlimited International = 3000 minutes 
- Vonage Phone Service - telephone service 
- Vonage - Fraud 
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - international calling
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - fraud
- Vonage - world plan and cancellation process
- Vonage - rebate never came even 18 months later still trying 
- Vonage - deceitful customer service