Vonage / Scam artists!

Had Vontage 1 month and they used the we need your credit card ploy to cover shipping charges for their modem. Then did not get even 1st month free and $30.oo was deducted from my credit card again for service. I called and canceled the service the next month and was told we will give you the next month free if you decide to keep service. I declined and thought that was that. Went back to my other phone provider and even though not as good as it should be it was better then the vontage service.
Then today i was checking my bank account to find out vontage has still been taking out $30 a month for the 3 months i haven't even been using them. Called them up again and after an extensive run around asked them what was going on. They said i didn't cancel the first time... lol I asked them how i could have 2 service providers serving my telephone line at the same time and to check their stupid records and they would see not even 1 call was made through them for 3 months. They could not give an answer. So this is over $100.oo i have had deducted from my bank account from their scam.

Contacting the Florida Attorney general to wage a complaint also!

Comments

19th of Feb, 2008

I too have been a victim of Vontage scam. They have been taking money out of my account for 9 months and I never used there service. I cancelled the very same day that I set it up.

• De
      15th of Mar, 2008

I too have been dipped by Vontage. I had them for two months and all that I had was problems with the service; dropped calls, no one on other end could hear me, sounded like I was swimming in water.  I could not cancel my other line because of the internet service.  I tried to cancel my service with vontage and I was told that the box they sent went bad.  They sent me another box, but due to others complaints I decided not to hook the line back up.  I am still paying because when I call they keep telling they will let me have the service for just 19.98 a month.  I am going to have to just stop payment in my account.  By the way it is hard to get in contact with someone from their office and when you do they have to keep sending you to other departments to speak with someone else when you are disconnecting due to problems.

6th of Aug, 2008

Vontage said in the fine print I agrreed to a two year contract and if I break it I will have to pay 170.00 I thought they didnt do contracts. I was scammed stay away vontage