Vonage / ripping customers off

1 United States

My brother requested Vontage service on March 1, 2008, the rep advised my brother that he needed a computer to obtain the service, he informed the rep that he did not own one and advised the rep during the same telephone conversation of that fact and asked to forget about the call. On Mach 3, 2008 vontage sent out the hook-up device, my brother sent it back on March 26, 2008. Vontage has been drafted money out of his account since March. When they were notified they told us it is because the account was still open, the rep stated she was looking atbthe initial information and sees where the account was opened in March and where the request to close it at that time was made. The reason my brother did not know this until now is because he does not receive a paper statement from the bank and he seldom looks at the electronic one. At any sense Vontage does not want to repay him for the 6 months they have been deducting funds from his account. They said they have been sending electronic statements to him, how can that be remember he doesn't have a computer and they have not sent anything to my address. 2 lessons learned: check your bank statements and do not deal with Vontage.

An