Vodafone Spain Mobile Service Provider / Vodafone Spain mobile service provider

May 8, 2015
Santa Pola
I have been using my Spanish mobile phone for over 10 years. The Prepay contract stated that it must be topped up every 9 months to stay active. I was last in Spain on 20th September 2014 and I topped up the day I was leaving because I knew I would not be back until April 2015. The balance on the phone was €64-70. I returned to Spain on 26th April 2015. The phone would not activate so I went to the Vodafone shop in Santa Pola to see what was wrong. They told me the phone was deactivated because the top up period had been changed from 9 months to 6 months and the phone had not been topped up since 20th September 2014 (7 months). They offered to re-activate the phone for me and said they would give me €15 credit if I topped up. I refused this offer and demanded my €64-70 credit. They put me in contact with "Customer Service", Natalie in Egypt and she offered the same deal. Vodafone have changed my top up terms without notifying me and have taken away my credit. They have effectively stolen €64-70 of my money and I want it back immediately. It is quite clear that there is no cost to Vodafone to re-activate the phone and there is no legitimate reason to take my credit. I met other non-Spanish engish speaking people on the flight home who had the same problem with Vodafone. I suggest we make a group complaint about this and contact the Spanish regulator if there is such a thing. If you have had the same problem please post your complaint on this site and I will try to organise it.

A  10th of Jun, 2015 by
The same happened to me and another couple. Vodafone are absolute robbers. Shouldn't be allowed to happen. The Spanish people wouldn't take this, they would be in uproar if they weren't contacted re change in Contract. It's definitely discrimination against Non-Nationals. I intend contacting the European Commissioners as there must be some regulation in place to stop Vodafone Spain from stealing credit and increasing their profits for 2015.