Vodafone / customer harassment

India Review updated:
hello,
i am Blaise Miranda residing in mumbai city in INDIA. I have been harassed by the vodafone centres a lot. This was the problem i had to face. I had purchased a vodafone campus card around 2 months back submitting all the required documents. after that i got a message within a day saying that the documents submitted were incorrect. Without any delays I contacted the customer care who told me that my address was incorrect. So I went to the nearest vodafone centre to submit my documents again, but there i came to know that my address was right but the card was on some "Mahendra Chauhan's" name. The executive told me to re-submit the documents and my line would be activated and everything would be normal. Then I again got a message saying that "your line will be de-activated within 24 hrs if you do not submit the right documents". Again without any delays I contacted the customer care and again they told me that the documents had been rejected because the card was on some other person's name. Again they told me to re-submit my documents and told me that the line would be activated soon. Yet they did not start my line . I went again on 11-11-2007 to the vodafone centre with the same problem and she(executive) told me to submit 2 documents, incase anything would go wrong with one document, the other one would be standby. Then my line was activated but again on 18-11-2007 my line was de-activated without any notice or text message. I rang them up and they told me the same problem due to which I was really frustrated. Since I was out of town for 9 days I could'nt do anything. but when I returned the first thing I did was I rang up to the customer care and told them the problem and there was a new scenario here. This executive tells me that my line was not getting activated because my card was on "MAHENDRA'S" name and i had to get an NOC from him. He told me that it was my dealer's fault due to which i was really disappointed because after visiting the vodafone centre 2 times and submitting my documents 3 times, no one ever mentioned that i had to get a NOC from "MAHENDRA" due to this harassment i wanted to deactivate the "campus scheme" they(customer care) told me that it would be de-activated within 12 months. I wanted to discontinue it because of the harassment and because of my address on other person's name.
When i asked them to look into the matter again, they said they could'nt help me with it due to which i have changed my operator to another one and i am very happy with it.
The serial no. of my complaint which i had lodged on 11-11-2007 is "SR# 32238632" and the executive's name was "Sonia Dhir". I just want to ask a question, "is this what a person has to go through to be a vodafone customer ?"
- waiting for your reply.

Comments

Ra
  8th of Mar, 2008
I think its time for TRAI to take serious note of these malpractices company is indulging in and frame guidelines to protect consumers from being subjected to mental agony.

Vodafone Logo Vodafone