Vodafone / customer harassment

1 India Review updated:

hello,
i am Blaise Miranda residing in mumbai city in INDIA. I have been harassed by the vodafone centres a lot. This was the problem i had to face. I had purchased a vodafone campus card around 2 months back submitting all the required documents. after that i got a message within a day saying that the documents submitted were incorrect. Without any delays I contacted the customer care who told me that my address was incorrect. So I went to the nearest vodafone centre to submit my documents again, but there i came to know that my address was right but the card was on some "Mahendra Chauhan's" name. The executive told me to re-submit the documents and my line would be activated and everything would be normal. Then I again got a message saying that "your line will be de-activated within 24 hrs if you do not submit the right documents". Again without any delays I contacted the customer care and again they told me that the documents had been rejected because the card was on some other person's name. Again they told me to re-submit my documents and told me that the line would be activated soon. Yet they did not start my line . I went again on 11-11-2007 to the vodafone centre with the same problem and she(executive) told me to submit 2 documents, incase anything would go wrong with one document, the other one would be standby. Then my line was activated but again on 18-11-2007 my line was de-activated without any notice or text message. I rang them up and they told me the same problem due to which I was really frustrated. Since I was out of town for 9 days I could'nt do anything. but when I returned the first thing I did was I rang up to the customer care and told them the problem and there was a new scenario here. This executive tells me that my line was not getting activated because my card was on "MAHENDRA'S" name and i had to get an NOC from him. He told me that it was my dealer's fault due to which i was really disappointed because after visiting the vodafone centre 2 times and submitting my documents 3 times, no one ever mentioned that i had to get a NOC from "MAHENDRA" due to this harassment i wanted to deactivate the "campus scheme" they(customer care) told me that it would be de-activated within 12 months. I wanted to discontinue it because of the harassment and because of my address on other person's name.
When i asked them to look into the matter again, they said they could'nt help me with it due to which i have changed my operator to another one and i am very happy with it.
The serial no. of my complaint which i had lodged on 11-11-2007 is "SR# [protected]" and the executive's name was "Sonia Dhir". I just want to ask a question, "is this what a person has to go through to be a vodafone customer ?"
- waiting for your reply.

Comments

• Ra
      8th of Mar, 2008

I think its time for TRAI to take serious note of these malpractices company is indulging in and frame guidelines to protect consumers from being subjected to mental agony.