Vodacom / unethical behaviour, poor service delivery

1 PIETERMARITZBURG, South Africa

On Saturday the 29th October 2016 I purchased a samsung Z2 from the Vodacom store at Brookside Mall in Pietermaritzburg. Firstly I was not informed by the salesman NKULU that the device was not an android phone. When I reached home I charged the device for the recommended time. when I switched the device on it immediately went to automatic updates. I then proceeded to use the whatsapp feature which comes standard on the device. I could not install whatsapp because the version on the device was an old one.so after downloading the correct version from the TIZEN store ( which costed me the consumer extra DATA), the whatsapp started to work. But low and behold it only worked for an hour. So I restarted the device and the whatsapp worked again. This continued to happen the entire weekend. The whatsapp app just said “CONNECTING”.

So on Monday I took the device back to VODACOM SHOP BROOKSIDE MALL. The technician checked the device and could not tell me what was wrong with it.

I asked for a new device or a refund. The manager SHARLENE then came and spoke to me. After a lot of bickering between us, she finally agreed to give me a a loan device. Which was also a Samsung Z2.

The exact same thing happened with the loan phone as well. So I phone and was told by SHARLENE in a very abrupt way that the loan phone was only for making calls and not for whatsapp. I asked for her regional managers number and she refused to give it to me.

I the called back and spoke to another salesman VIDESH who politely gave me his regional managers number. I called GANIE the regional manager who advised me that I had two options either I bring the phone back on that day ( 04 November 2016) and he will give me R900.00 as the phone was used. Or wait until Monday the 07 November 2016 when the device comes back from OBF and I will be refunded the full amount of R1099.00. I decided to wait until Monday to get my full refund.

So on Monday I tried calling the store and every timed I called I spoke to VIDESH, who told me that he would call me back before the end of the day.

I never received any call back. So at 17:30 on my way home I phoned the store. I was told by FARHANA that VIDESH was busy. I asked her about my phone

And she was absolutely rude to me over the phone say that her regional manager would never give me a refund. I then went to the store.

FARHANA, SHARLENE and VIDESH all made me the customer feel like a liar. So I asked for the regionals phone number again ( I had left his number at work).

I was refused his number by all three individuals. FARHANA continued to have a big mouth with me when I said that I will stay and wait till they sort out the issue. The MANAGER SHARLENE has absolutely no regard for here customers . when I was talking to here she actually ignored me completely.

THIS IS UTTERLY DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR FROM ANY PERSON DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS.

I am still yet to know what is going on.

Please can you assist me regarding this matter.

Al