Vodacom / new line ported to pay as you go, not new contract! line [protected], contract no ica 3552603

1 Thabazimbi, South Africa

I was a Cell C customer. I went onto pay as you go to keep my no, because I use it for 2 different jobs in which I co-ordinate with a lot of people. I have 2900+ contacts. On 8 Nov I applied for a contract with Vodacom @ the new shop @ Thabazimbi mall. I stated that I needed to keep my no and therefore had to port. After several problems and applications my line was only approved on 16 Nov. During this time I have been assured several times that I would be able to port and use my no in question. All this time I was patient even while needing a new phone urgently and having to pay higher pay as you go rates as well as the inconvenience of being left without air time @ the most inconvenient of times. My phone is absolutely my tool of trade. Since Wednew day, 16 Nov the shop tried to port my no. Only on Saturday, 19 Nov @ 8:15 pm the port was successful. But then only to pay as you go. Today, 21 Nov they informed me that it was impossible to port this no to the contract. I am devestated! The no in question appears on many documentation and even signage. I cannot believe that after all this trouble, frustration, effort and time it is not possible to keep my no! PLEASE help me. I need to cancel this contract or the no has to be ported to the contract.

Vodacom