Vodacom / extremely high data charges

Cape Town, ZA Review updated:

After my monthly data bundle was depleted I purchased a 2GB bundle on the Vodacom App but it was not allocated to my account even though my purchase was confirmed. I checked my balances & noticed that my data was still on 0 so I purchased another 2GB which also didn't go through. The same thing happened in October when the Data bundle I bought only reflected a day later & I was charged over R200 because Vodacom failed to update my account when the purchase was made. I called the customer care & was put through to 3 different consultants & was told they are aware of the problem with the data bundles not being allocated. I then asked why if Vodacom knows about this problem are they still charging customers Out of bundle rates probably hoping it doesn't get noticed & only crediting those few that do query the charges, then I was told I needed to speak to the Data dept & again got transferred. I held on for 19mins listening to that same rubbish tune they've had since forever until I hung up. I suspect this problem has been going on for a while because after querying data charges in July I received an email saying "as a once-off gesture of goodwill. Vodacom will credit your account to the value of R1090.56". What passive-aggresive bullcrap is this? Like they doing me a favour by crediting me what they've overcharged me for. What "good will?!!" They had no problem giving the credit because they know they're at fault! Now my Bill so Far is again over R1000 for this month wonder if I'll get another "good will" credit? What about all the other months I wasn't monitoring my how Vodacom handled my data usage & now that I am monitoring it on the Vodacom App they still charge me for the data used to do it!

Sh
Nov 29, 2016

Comments

• Lu
      Nov 30, 2016

vodacom data charges are extremely high and no longer lasts same applies to airtime...the call logs and airtime loss just don't add up... I'v been loyal to the service provider but with all these high charges that are unaccounted for I'm happy to port to another network! I'v lost too much money!