Vodacom Direct / breach of contract

1 South Africa

In May 2009 The Rewards Company called me with an offer of a 'free' cellphone if I take out a Topup49 contract for 24 months. The Topup49 contract was at the time on promotion for R20 only instead of R49 so I agreed to it. Since June 2009 I have been billed R49 every month, resulting in my dedicated debit account being stripped of funds due to overcharging. When my debit order bounced one month Vodacom charge me R83 for the bounce and the bank also charged me. When I called The Rewards Company in Durban in July 2009 I was called a liar by Pratish Vanmari (supervisor) on 25-06-09 around 14:50 on [protected] who said there is no R20 Topup. He said he listened to the original recording clip which I am still waiting to receive per email. I have called montly at first and now I call weekly with no call backs and no solution to the problem. The last time something positive happened was 01 Sept 09 when VODACOM6 sent me an SMS apologising for wrongly charging me. They credited my account with R29 and that was it. A while after that when I called again it was confirmed that I am suppose to receive R29 for each month which I was overchanged. But nothing! I have stopped paying now completely resulting in my line being blocked and I will probably be listed by Vodacom for their incompetence and lack of care. My problem was even taken up with Lynne Cannings and Bonita Parish via email, but they proofed to be as incompetent as the rest of Vodacom with no feedback.

Ru