Virginactive Health Clubs / VirginActive experience!
I joined VirginActive in NOv 07. Paid the monthly fee plus joining fee (£90) staff were so busy they didn't have time to give me an induction to the equipment. Within 3 days of using the gym I injured my knee severely. I informed the gym straight away and sent a letter that stated I would be unable to use the gym until further notice. I also sent in proof of my hospital letters etc. I was told to pay a £10 freezing fee, which I paid.
So in Jan 08 they took out the whole monthly amount of £50! I attempted to speak to a manager on 4 occassions and was promised call backs that never happened. Over Email I threatened a solicitor, then I received a call back. I was told that I had to pay a £10 freeze monthly or they would charge me the full membership fee - on small problem... No one told me that, and it doesn't state that in the terms and conditions!! How was I to know!!
To cut a long and frustrating story short, it took 3 months to get a response from VirginActive, every time I called I was dealt with by a seperate person and then finally I had a letter stating that I needed to pay a buy-out fee of £225. No refund for Jan and I had 10 days to pay the fee or I would be handed over to a debt agency!! Bullying or what!! Hilarious when they never gave me any respect with response times at all.
Don't use this gym. Customer service is rubbish and its a rip off. They didn't give a monkeys of the impact on my life when undergoing surgery over Christmas and my work life and social life messed up.
Awful awful experience and a pricey one too.
More Virginactive Health Clubs Complaints & Reviews
- Virgin Active - gym membership cancellation 
- Virgin Active - problems with club membership agreement 
- Virgin Active South Africa - bad customer service 
- Virgin Active (Waterstone Village Somerset West) - Multiple Debit Orders
- Virgin Active - personal training structure
- Virgin Active - Comaro View - South Africa - cancellation of contract at comaro view gym - 2015
- Virgin Active Red - lack of communication to members
- Virgin Active South Africa - unauthorized debit orders and unethical behaviour
- Virgin Active South Africa - I was given an amount of r99 and deducted r675
- Virgin Active South Africa - glenvista virgin active