Virgin Mobile / continuing debit after I deselected the option

1 Sarasota, FL, United States Review updated:

Three times I changed my option of having my VISA debit card automatically debited to NOT having it automatically debited, only to find that it has been switched back without my permission. I live on Social Security, and I did not want the debit to go through my bank before my Social Security check was in my account. So, three times my account was overdrawn because of Virgin Mobile, and three times I paid overdraft charges (total of $105). This might not be a hardship to the average person, but, it can mean the difference of whether I buy groceries or not. Two days ago I contacted customer service to complain about this. Today they again automatically debited my bank account, even though I was in the process of communicating with customer service about this problem. Here is the email I sent to them a little while ago:

Can it be possible that your company has actually debited my account for the third time since I requested that you no longer automatically debit my bank account? Twice I have selected the option of NOT having my card automatically debited in Account Services, only to find that it has automatically been switched back. I just sent you an email two days ago saying I did not want this done any longer, because my Social Security check sometimes does not come into my bank until after the 11th, which is the date the automatic debit occurs, and, guess what? YOUR COMPANY DID IT AGAIN TODAY!!! This has left me with a $30.00 overdraft in my bank account, plus a bank overdraft fee of $35.00 on top of that, or a negative balance of $65. It seems unfathomable that, in the midst of trying to get this straightened out, this could actually have happened again. Of course, you guys will simply deny that you are at fault, because what do you care about one customer when you have millions of others? I will never be able to prove that what I say is the truth. The day before my account comes due next month, I will be canceling my service with your company forever. I am elderly and live solely on Social Security. Every dollar is very important to me. Now, thanks to your company, I have no money to buy groceries this week.

I would love to hear from any other customers who have had this happen.

I hope Sir Richard enjoys his caviar and steak!

Comments

• Al
      26th of Jul, 2012

Happened to me time and time again I want a refund... Other wise... Things will get stupid...