Virgin Active / virgin active vitality agreement mess

After being a member of Virgin Active for many years I have had my membership 'politely' terminated due to insufficient usage. Towards end November 2009 I receive sms saying that I had to use once more by end of month to avoid termination. Being overseas I asked my wife to explain to the gym my circumstance which she did, and they said I could make up usage going forward. I thought all was in order because I attended the Old Eds gym 5 times in January 2010, no one stopped me swiping then? I now believe that the 'system' only reads up to end December and the Jan visits don't count, now thats convenient when you are making up usage as per agreement! Virgin conveniently tries to blame Vitality and says its not them - any decent management team would take collective responsibility when it comes to joint venture agreements. Just think about it guys, when I go to gym I don't say to my mates meet you at Vitality Sandton branch??

I will naturally deal with the Vitality team directly but it is a disgrace that Virgin does not pick up any of the responsibility. The icing on the top was when a young sales lady from Bryanpark Virgin Active phoned me to say don't I want to join again!!

Pa