Videocon / Bad customer service

1 India Review updated:

I had bought this refrigerator (Electrolux Ozone) around 2.5 years back (Dec '06) and am regretting this purchase ever since. Here is a list of what all went wrong, first the freezer fan stopped working, the filter from the compressor got choked twice and overheated the unit, the gas leaked and has been refilled 2 times now each time costing Rs 1250... As i write this the refrigerator is under repairs... last repairs were on 13th May!!!

Now for the customer service, Videocon assures 48 hour response, though the technician did come within 48 hours most of the time he had to come second time after first inspection (as the gas filling is done by some other person or he is not having some equipment... blah blah). We must have spent around Rs. 4000 on repairs.

Wish i had read some reviews on this...

Comments

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

Truely said. Videocon's customer service is the worst I have ever seen. I have bought a used Videocon AC and to rapair that I called up the customer support for five days. Every day they say that they have put my complaint in urgency but no executive visited on a single day. Huhh... and the 6th day on Sunday when they came it was like good for nothing... they just looked the ac and took visit charge. Is this what they supposed to do. I mean its like wasting of money. From now whosoever is purchasing the Videocon product I would request, to forget about any kind of customer support from them.

Believe I had a very-very bad experience and wasted thousands of rupees.