Vidal Sassoon Curling Iron Model Vs121 / Electrical Cord Failed

1 Salem, OR, United States Review updated:

This curling iron is just over two months old and the electrical cord has completely broken where it meets the reinforcement rubber ribs before going into the handle. This happened while I was using it. It caused a second degree electrical burn on my hand (that includes the blister). The circuit breaker popped and prevented a worse injury or fire. My carpet just outside my bathroom door was nearly burnt when the iron fell on the floor.

Vidal Sassoon Curling Iron Model Vs121

Comments

• Ca
      28th of Apr, 2009
    Vidal Sassoon Curling Iron Model VS121 - Spring under handle came out
    Indiana

I purchased a Vidal Sassoon curling Iron Model VS121 from Wal-Mart a little over a month ago and the spring has poped out.

• Dr
      19th of Feb, 2010

Same thing just happened to us. We bought this curling iron back in November 2009. My wife uses it almost everyday. She plugged it in the morning before work and Kaboom. She was electricuted. Her hand was completely black. Sparks flew across the entire bathroom. This is the 3rd day, my wifes hand is still burning and hurting. She went to ER today to have them look at it. They couldn't find anything from the outside, but did say its and inner electrical burn and will take time to heal. The cord blew completely off. Tripped the breaker, just like the above comment. This could of been a lot worse. I am very upset and would like to take this to the next level.

• Sh
      15th of Aug, 2011

Curling iron replacement springs can be purchased here: www.curlingironreplacementsprings.com