Verizon Wireless / double billing

1 not a chanceportland, United States Review updated:
Phone: n/a

I have a phone card to keep my phone bills down
so how does MCI who owns Verizon make money off me three ways when I make a call. I use a verizon calling card because I can get phone service for 3.8 cents a minute long distance. at home when I use the card I'm using a verizon service landline and when I call my family on their Verizon phone it's a cell phone and they get charged. thats three verizon charges all for the same call. If this isn't against the law it ought to be. So VERIZON
when the day comes that phone service can be free over the internet I hope you go by the wayside as thats what all scammers deserve is to go down
under the crowd instead of being trampled on by their newt work three times everytime you call out.
This is one of those class action lawsuit deals too the only thing that gets their attention.

Comments

• Wo
      26th of Jul, 2008

Verizon Communication and VodaPhone own Verizon wireless. They are not the same company, they are separate companies. If you choose to make a phone call to a VZW phone from a NON-VZW phone, it uses minutes. It's that simple. Make sure you have your information straight before complaining, it will help prevent you from looking like an ###.

• Ru
      27th of Oct, 2009

No one makes you use an MCI calling card. There are plenty of other carriers that will offer you better than 3.8 cents domestic. And you also have a choice to use another phone company other than Verizon. I agree with 'Wow Really' in saying that you really should get your facts straight before going off on a tangent complaining.

• Nf
      3rd of Apr, 2010

I had a cell phone acct with Verizon for 10 years. My contract was expiring on Jan. 11, 2010, which I found out from an email I sent to them. I was switching to AT&T and my number was going to be ported, but it was ported before I rec'd the new phone. I called to find out why the phone wasnt working & was told that it had been ported. I said that I needed access to my phone until I recd the new one and the acct was open until Jan. 11th. They did a 3 way call with AT&T and ported the number back to Verizon. I made sure to tell them that this was temporary until I recd the new phone & closed the acct. on the 11th. They gave me the number at AT&T to get the number ported when the time came. On the 11th, I called Verizon to make sure the acct. was closed. I knew that I would be billed through the end of Jan. and made several payments for more than $260 since Dec. to close the balance. In Feb. I recd a courtesy bill saying I had a zero balance and I thought this was over. Today I get a letter from a collection agency saying that I owe $106.27. I called Verizon & was told there was a sub-account & while the balance on the regular (and as far as i knew the only acct) was zero, this new acct. which was opened when they ported my number back had a balance of $106.27 and billed through Feb. when I didn't have the phone and it was disconnected on Jan. 11th.