Verizon Wirelessold all tell prepaid plans they bought out

We have an old AllTell prepaid plan that Verizon wireless bought out years ago. The details of our plan were pay as you go, as long as you use the phone once per month, you avoid a $4 monthly service charge, and there was no minimum amount you had to buy at any certain time. My phone number was [protected]. In March, I made one phone call and dialed *369 or *611 to check my balance. Also the *369/*611 is considered a free call that still prevents you from incurring a $4 service charge to the phone. In March, after I made one call from my car, I also checked my balance and I had approximately $37 still left on my phone. Last week, in April, I tried to make a call and I got an "unable to authenticate your phone". So I immediately dialed *369 to check my balance and got the same error message. I called Verizon Wireless prepaid customer service number on April 15, and they are telling me they cancelled my phone due to inactivity on March 29. I asked them who cancelled it because I have used my phone on a regular basis monthly and they told me I"d have to pay a $5-$29.99 fee to reinstall my service. I asked them what happened to the $37 I had left on account and all they would tell me is "you have to buy a minimum of $100 to maintain service on your prepaid account and we understand your frustration." No they do not understand our frustration. When Verizon bought out the Alltell plans way back in, 2010? or earlier, we were all told our prepaid plans would not be cancelled and they would be grandfathered in. My husband has two Alltell prepaid phones one with a 963 exchange and one with a 964 exchange. He also has money on both accounts. So what I'm seeing is that Verizon can cancel those plans at any given moment and keep all that money? That's embezzlement and fraud. I want something done about this. Either verizon can reinstall my phone at our given plan or refund the balance they stole from me. This entire situation appears questionable to me, given that about 2000 Verizon employees went on strike in VA and NY. How are we to know if one of those employees embezzled money from customers or cancelled plans to wreak havoc with Verizon customers? Just another bait and switch tactic by unscrupulous CEOs. I have reported this to the FCC after I go nowhere with their foreign sounding customer service rep.

Mc