Verizon / service

355 North Central Ave, Hartsdale, NY, United States Review updated:

Manager is extremely rude and not helpful with helpng in replacing a phone. The phone's port had broke after 34 days and was told we can another one but it is refurbished. If the new one breaks why do I want one that already broke and was fixed especially after we paid over $200 for the phone. The manager not only rolled his eyes based on the argument but mentioned that they can not help in any other way of getting an ew phone but to buy another at the same price. So not only do they stop you from being treated as a human but we have to pay for the companies broken phones. Please refrain from using verizon worthless and if youstilluse them please do not go into this particular store since customer service is on the bottom of the list.

Comments

• Ea
      30th of Aug, 2008

In July I had this bright idea: put all my telephone, cellphone, dsl and maybe tv under one bill; one company.
    Verizon was eager to take the long distance service from att; but gee the dsl folks went home at 5pm and the telephone folks worked till 6; could i call back on monday to deal with dsl.
    My dsl had been mistakenly listed as a business acct(too long of a story for here) and so i wanted to switch it to residentail. On my first dsl venture I was told that business and residential did not talk to each other and that switch was not possible. Three weeks later and 5 calls I convinced a technical agent that I had received an email saying my new dsl service was ready even though his screen said it would not be ready for 5 more days. He helped be work through the process to establish the service. After weeks of exasperation finally a competentent person.
    One week later I go away for five days. I came home and no DSL service. and no phone service...and this is a "technology" company

12th of Jan, 2009

Why in the world are you thinking of have you gone off your rocker.??

Don't you understand where an recession if you don't go raising your rates. I have sent a letter around the world called line, cash, fishing hook, rabbit hole. Need I say more. Turn around and come back to the people. A measly $49 .99 a month or $69.99 for a month is in its finest form of stupidity. Period apparently you don't understand. We are an recession. Payments go down people are pro in broke.

• Bl
      1st of Mar, 2009

FIOS Complaint

Be afraid…. Be very afraid!

Verizon FIOS service is sub par on so many levels. Simply trying to place a request for support or on site service is an effort in frustration. The auto phone prompter for instance, is as poor a robot as you will find in dealing with large companies. Worse yet is this one is being used by a communications corporation. Naturally, you’d expect better. Right?

Neither will Verizon FIOS inform current customers about pricing changes for package programs. If there is some savings VERIZON offers, and you are already a customer, forget about being told of the savings.

I had to find out from friends…. NOT FROM VERIZON… then call VERIZON and request those prices be implemented in my account.

I’ve been dropped off line, and had to recall them as many as five times to remedy a minor issue. It’s really an ordeal. You are prompted over and over again to verify your personal info… then when/if you get to a rep, they ask all of it over again! It’s more than ridiculous

FIOS makes it incumbent upon the end user to under go this frustrating event at least twice IF you have had a service outage, just so you can receive the credit due you in the first place! You’ll have to call to report the outage… and THEN call billing to have them apply the credit a few days later!

If you are extremely lucky, only those two calls will be made… most folks aren’t lucky with VERIZON FIOS.

I guess they count on you not wishing to endure the thorn bush of tele prompts and redialing to secure your due credit.

Billing as well is not an easy path for solutions either. You’ll have to call repeatedly sometimes over the course of several months to ultimately attain your credit!

The sales people FIOS contracts out to also are ill informed. Consequently, the rates they quote and the bill you will receive usually do not coincide. Again, back into the FIOS phone zone… FOR WEEKS OR MONTHS ON END.

Like other posters here, it took me four months to be credited properly.

In billing issues ask immediately for the “Resolution Center rep”. They won’t offer this as a rule… you must ask.

FIOS does everything it can to make access for the customer to support billing, credits, and on site service as inordinate and frustrating, as is possible. Likely with the hopes you will just forget it and pay them.

FIOS too was fined several millions of dollars in Florida for overcharging, and misleading customers.

Now FIOS is running their own ads prior to commercial breaks on top of regular programming. You’re watching your show and all of a sudden FIOS just runs one of their ads and you miss several minutes of your intended show while the ad runs its course!

However, this practice isn’t done on the likewise HD channel. I noticed this while watching the NFL ch…. Flipping over to the HD VERSION of NFL ch. There was no such ad being run!

Additionally, they also frequently use the ploy of exceptionally increased volume on many of their own promos, and ads they sell. Use care when setting your volume control so as to not risk damage of your own speakers or TV!

I’m going to request a credit now for each day this happens. Everytime. If they feel it’s ok to interrupt programming for non emergency, self promotion, I’ll not pay for it too.

Their service is as well, moderate to poor in terms of technology levels. Do not expect informed answers to networking issues… even though they supply the wireless router which accommodates such an affair… AND URGE YOU TO DO JUST THAT!

They will however, for $200 SEND A REP OUT to configure it for you!

Be most attentive when ANY tech arrives and enters your home. One tech in my home damaged a very expensive piece of electronics by throwing the FIOS converter box on top of it to gain better access or more room. Just dropped it like you would a newspaper on the kitchen table!

Their latest ploy to add on upgrades and new business is flawed too. The rebates, package prices and upgrades pricing take forever to be put in place.

Everytime, and I do mean everytime, I’ve made ANY change to my level of service, up or downgrading, the ensuing billing recovery process was involved and extensive!

I JUST TURNED IN ONE SET TOP converter box to the local GTE Phone mart near me, and later received a bill for $250 for the now “missing” box! Also I was continually being billed for the box I had surrendered… and in spite of having retained the receipt!

BTW… adding or subtracting a converter box by having a tech come to your home is $25 for each visit.

Make no changes to your service level, is the best suggestion I can provide.

If you have other choices than VERIZON FIOS for TV, phone, and ISP, and they don’t suck… are customer friendly, and don’t outright lie to you…. Choose them. FORGET VERIZON FIOS…. Use ONLY as a last resort…. And pray thereafter things go well with the installation and billing.

The quality of the transmission is NOT worth the extensive frustration, and time you’ll waste trying to get back that which is your’s to begin with!

• Su
      12th of Mar, 2009

DON'T GET FIOS unless you want LAGGING AND LOCKING UP. THE BUGS AREN'T OUT YET. I CALLED AND COMPLAINED AND THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME FOR AN UNFINISHED JOB. THEY SAID IT IS WITHIN THEIR RANGE OF SERVICE. I WAS PROMISED 10 TO 50 TIMES FASTER THAN MY OLD DSL IT IS A SCAM.
    LIKE HE SAID "BE AFRAID VERY AFRAID" DON'T GET IT!!! I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I GET ANY RESULTS FROM MY NEXT PHONE CALL AFTER TELLING THEM I POSTED ON THIS SITE. I AM DESPERATE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS TO HELP ME. WHEN SOMEONE CAME OUT TO COLLECT A BOX HE SAT DOWN AND SAID THE PERSON DID NOT DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM TO THE COMPUTER. IT FREEZES UP LIKE WHEN THE I WAS TALKING TO THE REP HE SAID I HAD TO UNPLUG THE ROUTER BECAUSE IT WAS NOT TALKING TO HIM. I SAID "AND YOU DON'T THINK I HAVE A PROBLEM?" THEY JUST WANT MORE MONEY FOR THEIR POCKETS.
    AGAIN DON'T GET IT UNLESS YOU HAVE ENDLESS MONEY FOR SCAMS. ALSO IF YOUR KIDS GAME... TELL THEM IT WILL FREEZE UP ON THEM SO BE PREPARED. OR IF YOU WORK AND DEPEND ON THE COMPUTER...DON'T GET THIS FOR SURE.
    DON'T DO IT!!!
    THE PHONE AND T.V. SEEM TO BE FINE SO FAR ON THIS ALL IN ONE PACKAGE...

• To
      11th of Jun, 2010

I get double text all the time they told me that if someone doesnt pay there bill on time it can cause double text to be sent what crap. I pay my bill early and friends get double text from me. Then they said well you have unlimited text so you have nothing to worry about I got unlimited text because I went over my limit but when your phone is sending and reciving double text who wouldnt go over there limit. I am so going to change phone companies when this contract is over. I was with 360 -Altell for years never had a problem ever. Verizon talked me into switching from my altell contract to theres telling me my bill would stay the same what a lie i went in to talk to them and got the run around. What can a person do to protect themselves from companies that lie to you and your stuck paying the bill I want Altell back they we honest.

• Tr
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I have been with AT&T for a very long time, to many years to count.
    With Verizon comming out with the Iphone4 and to see what how their pricing stacked up with AT&T I went to their store in Stockton on Pacific Ave. I walked in and it was not busy, I grabed a pamplet to see their pricing and it looked to be the same pricing with less options on the data plan. I was asked by the employee behind the counter if I had been help and I said no, we talked for about 3 minutes about the Iphone4 and the pricing. He asked for my name and I gave it and he said I can't help you, I asked why he said you need to check in at the front on the kiosk. I said why would I need to check in, he said so we can take people in the order that they came in, I said I'm the only one in here and now you wont talk to me anymore until I check in at the kiosk? He said yes, I said well then I will not change from AT&T to Verizon and walked out.
    This tells me that Verizon is not into customer service or growing their business, I find it odd in this climate (economy) a business would turn a customer away. The Verizon employee was not rude other than not wanting to speak to me, just Verizon has very ignorant rules on how they engage their customers, this is bad service Verizon wake up and pull your head out of your back-sides.

• Tr
      22nd of Feb, 2011

Sum888
    Why would I want to look at shoes? my post was about Verizon wireless services?
    Oh I see your profile states you are from China, is that correct.
    In that case learn english before posting, your running adds on my post which does not make sense. Shoes on a phone post? I could see it if you were selling unlocked phones or something like that.

• K2
      9th of Apr, 2011

After your initial attempt to sort your issue out with Verizon – SAVE YOUR BREATH! These people are not interested in working with their customers. You must file a complaint with the FCC - http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm
    or 1-888-225-5322 When I went to the FCC’s website who do you think is on their main page – Verizon. FCC just won multi-million dollar settlement from them for (among other things) overcharging customers!

• Lo
      17th of Jun, 2012

I bought a Verizon hot spot in March 2012. When I moved into my house in mid-April I realized it didn't work. It was slow and kept dropping my school webinars. I started trying to work with Verizon then.
    Here I am, two months and more bucks later, finally paying yet ANOTHER fee to terminate my contract. As far as I'm concerned they didn't fulfill their end of the contract. They dinked around with me for two months and I'd still be waiting for some new thing 'tech support' would want to try. If I'd returned it at first, instead of giving THEM the benefit of a doubt I'd be several hundred dollars ahead. As it is, I paid for two months of storing the hot spot in the closet (I had to get Xfinity to get internet service) and now I still have another $160 fee to get out of my contract so, in effect, I paid over $500 for one month of slow coverage. I saw a review about the 4G hot spot and disregarded it. Now I'm sorry.

• Hi
      12th of Nov, 2012

I can not believe the manager John Gilroy has the nerve to wear a name tag that says manager. We bought a phone for my son 56 days ago and the battery is taking over 8 hours to charge. I brought it in to the store and was told that there was over and hour and a half wait just to talk to someone. At the Hartsdale location they will sell you a phone very quickly - but they will do nothing to help you when you have a problem with your phone. Just to paint a picture in the back of the store by the service area there were about 25-30 people waiting for help with service- and each customer had been waiting OVER AN HOUR. Imagine that many people waiting over an hour. When i asked the manager how could he allow his customers to be so ill cared for and forced to wait an hour just to speak someone he simply said "there is nothing I can do." As someone who owns her own business I disagree. John Gilroy could apologize and try to make the customers happy. He could say something like "perhaps if you go the manufactures website you could fine the information you are looking for". He could bring out someone to help process the customers that are waiting for an hour. He could personally ask each customer if there was something simple he could help with. But does he do that - NO. He shrugs off his POOR management skills and takes no responsibility for the abomination of customer service in HIS store. I will NEVER shop in that store again and i hope that Verizon takes note. Really disgraceful and totally unprofessional. What happened to helping the customer.

• Go
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Verizon - Lousy Counter help
    Verizon Wireless
    Elm Street
    Auburn
    California
    Phone: 530 885 4100

Verizon goes beyond incompetent. Nice voices on the phone support, not much help.
    Verizon stores on the other hand (like Auburn California, Roseville California, Lincoln CA), are not all Verizon stores. Some are known by Verizon as "indirect." These are independent contractors and Verizon will NOT back them up with support or refunds. In this case the Auburn Verizon store. These people buy the phones from Verizon then resell them. They are incompetent boobs. Been into many of them and the personnel in the Auburn store are rude, arrogant and they boldly lie about their association with Verizon, claiming to be Verizon. They also quote "company p0licies" that do not exist. What goes on this store is not just abnormal, it's abysmal. STAY AWAY from Verizon (the real stores) and Verizon indirects altogether. You're dealing with a company full of sub-level criminals. BTW, that includes major stores selling Verizon products like Wal-Mart, Target and others.