Verizon / free tv rip off
We went for the Verizon deal last January of receiving FIOS internet, cable and landline service for $109/month with the added incentive of receiving a free 19” Sharp LCD TV.
January installation 8am-12 no show, reschedule next available mid february.Call and verify free tv is still obtainable.Verizon rep :(Ater 30 minute wait)Oh yes it has been extended until March due to overwhelming interest in Maryland states rep.
After many calls, no letter, my password dosent work on Verizon web site.June 6th Rep, states ourorder had never been processed in the dept thta award a tv.She submits offer and info.
Several calls in July to follow up ..Rep states “will be shipped in several weeks”
August 1st…Call again speak with someone in the billing dept I recieve a letter
Verizon has over charged you on your bill…You will recieve a creidt on the next bill (have spent nurmous hours since Jan trying to get bill corrected ) No matter how you add it up it’s different evwery month.. Charges are way over the 109.00 a month.
Now the real kicker I ask about my FREE TV ..6 differnt people later and a 2.5 hr phone call..The marketing Dept tells me ” You didnt get the 12 mgb something internet service so you are not eligable for the TV. HA I'm not a computer specialist and told the girl your technican should disclosed this at the time of installation..Your company is not being honest..THE LINE IS QUIET she transfers me to a Customer Service Rep again (ith some long title) that is just a fancy name for a supervisor..I’m on hold again..20 minutes later..She states
You are not eligable because you already had Verizon Phone Servise !At the time I had called about this great Verizon promotion I said ti this rep. Your company should have said I'm sorry but you dont qualify for this package.Instead yor excepted me for your free tv offer and 2 yr agreement.
That was the final straw…I explained the are full of deception and misleading…
and the only Customer Service they provided was they could speak proper English. I had read some where some consumers are asking Comcast etc to
pay verizon $199 the disconection fee and they would go back to Comcast immed.
Verizon CAN YOU HEAR THIS>> When I can, I will disconnect ALL yur products,
HOME PHONE, TV, INTERNERT and our family has 4 Cell phones thru Verizon WIRELESS
More Verizon Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - verizon wireless duplicate/stolen payment 
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives
- Verizon Communications - incorrect billing 
- Verizon Communications - service
- Verizon Communications - phone turned off when payment was made timely.