Verizon Fios / contract change
A warning to anyone with Fios or anyone considering Fios - I've gone through a truly annoying round of phone calls about a contract switch Verizon made without my authorization. After about 1 month of being a bundle customer, a rep suggested that for another $10 a month ($or it could have been $15, I don't recall) I could get several more HD channels and that I might want to give it a try. I would receive a discount for the next so many months and she emailed me a link for the explained purpose that I needed to visit the site connected to the link to receive my discount. So I did.
It turns out that what I did was change the start date on the contract to a start date of the day I accepted the new stations. The rep had not told me that what she was doing was giving me a NEW PACKAGE rather than simply adding on stations. Future reps refused to change my contract date back to the original date which was 3 months earlier.
This means I am locked in for another 12 months from the new (later) contract date, which I don't want.
The reps are politely aggressive in general and although I know they have to make a living in sales, they are knowingly misrepresenting their actions.
I am actually considering ending m contract early and paying the termination fees because I absolutely know they were routinely being unethical in their practices.
More Verizon Fios Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - wireless service/ lack of customer support
- Verizon Communications - jetpack
- Verizon - fios 
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service