Verizon Fios / billing hell
Where to begin? We have had FIOS for 18 months, and have been billed incorrectly for 17 of those months. We signed onto the $99 for all three services and it went downhill from there. As an aside, 3 of my 5 co-workers have gone through this as well. A 100% failure rate with my group of engineers that had the service within the last year.
We have been charged as little as $119, and as much as $704 for the same flipping service.!!!???!!! They somehow managed to create a second account at our address with the same name, and we are now being double billed. Our service has been disconnected multiple times for non payment on the bogus 2nd account. Infuriating. Of course they do this on a Friday afternoon and no one will be available to unscrew the situation until Monday.
Sometimes we get charged extra for long distance, and sometimes it is inclusive as it should be. Huh? Either it is or it isn't. They can't seem to make up their minds. My contract says it is inclusive though, but my copy of the contract was obviously abducted by aliens and masterfully altered.
I agreed to take a 10 minute survey via phone and they said if I did they would bump my internet connection up from 10MbPS to 20MbPS. They increased the speed, then charged me an additional $10/month without my consent. We have had multiple customer service managers "assigned to us directly to resolve our ongoing issues". In the last 3 months, we have now had 3 of them. Each one stating that the mgr. prior is no longer with the company.
It has gone way past rank incompetence and now borders on corporate thievery. There is no excuse under the sun for the complete and utter bullying and dishonesty with this company. I rue the day I agreed to sign up. I rely heavily on a stable connection to the internet, as I am a network engineer, and avoidable service interruptions are unforgivable. I often have to remote into work for mission critical tasks, and I have found that I cannot rely on FIOS for this.
My contract is up in 11 months per MY paperwork, but they said I have another 20 months or they will charge me an ETF fee and it will end up on my credit report if I don't pay it. WTH? Corporate bullying at it's worst.
Would some PLEASE kick off a class action against these tools? I am conferring with the attorney that drew up my will and home contracts, and will ask if he can refer me to someone who wants to take a largish bite out of Verizon's posterior.
Avoid them like the plague, or you WILL be burned.
More Verizon Fios Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - Verizon Wireless Duplicate/stolen payment
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives
- Verizon Communications - incorrect billing 
- Verizon Communications - service
- Verizon Communications - phone turned off when payment was made timely.