Verizon Fios / scam and cheating!

United States Review updated:
Verizon fios - customer service is horrible!!! like many i'm jumping into the fios tv/internet/phone package not because the 19" tv is so enticing but the single dvr being controlled throughout the house and some other cool features.

I was scheduled for today 29 january, 08 - the sales person said if I would get home install on tuesday or wednesday I get a free cable top box. sounds good and it was quicker then waiting for a saturday install. my widow was from 8 am. - 11 am... well it's now 5:55 p. m. and not tech yet!!!

After five phone calls I finally got some kid who told me that a tech had picked up my ticket again. the person who called me back said they had overbooked, blah, blah, they automatically booked me for tomorrow. no way am I going to baby sit these clowns one more day, I work for a living if I didn't I could not afford cable and would have to steal it from the neighbors, hey that's an idea we should all share cable signals via wifi...

Comments

Ja
  12th of Jan, 2008
To make this as short as possible. I ordered Verizon FIOS and disconnected Roadrunner. I was suppose to get a promotional rate of 29.99 per month for the first year and the first month free. They told me I had to have a credit or debit card to setup the account. So, got it all setup the technician came in and installed it and everything was fine. Though he did not give me any paperwork or anything I thought I will get one in the mail right? No, nothing in the mail and $49.99 was taken out of my bank account from them. Wasn't I suppose to get the first month free and free installation not to mention a target gift card that never showed up!

So, I call wanting an account # and to check why I was charged more. Well, apparently it is common to not have an account # if you are a new customer. Then, the rest of the money was suppose to be credited back to me and an account created. Next month comes around and surprise guess what. They take 49.99 out again!!! So, I call angry this time I want an account# or an itemized bill to see exactly what I am paying for. Nobody knew what was going on and kept getting put on hold. Then all of a sudden I get transferred to 1-800-ruhorny or something like that!!! I can't believe what kind of company is this that you don't even have the right to see a statement, bill or nothing. So, I call my bank account and change my debit card number. So, I don't have an account# yet they send me an email needing a credit card update since they can't take money anymore!

Now, I get a letter from them in the mail stating my service has been disconnected and they are turning me over to collections. I will not be turned into collections. I tried repeatedly to get this issue resolved and I couldn't. There is not even a verizon center I could go into to take their stupid verizon FIOS box back to them. When I received the collections notice I had not been using their service for 2 months. I went back to Roadrunner through Brighthouse. Oh, on top of all that I did not mention how I would lose service everyday for at least 4 hrs a day through Verizon! We can't keep letting this company get away with this. They are stealing money right out of our bank accounts. You have horrible connections... so what, you don't know what you are paying for... so what!

As long as they have your credit card or bank account# they don't care!
Ju
  18th of May, 2008
It took me four months to get the original order installed in my home. Each attempt, installing (a) segment of the original order. Since then, Verizon has responded to my request for the procurement of the incentive (namely the HDTV advertised on TV) by reissuing, each time I called in reference to this matter, as if it is a new request for installation. Finally completed, the last of the installation of February 8th, 2008. I have now been dealing with this issue for seven months, and have not yet seen the coupon, which was suppose to be mailed to my residence within three weeks of the last phone call. This segment of this mess happening three separate times. I have had three separate conversions with your company, all ending with the supposed goal of upon the HDTV coupon. I will join any class action suit against your company, if this matter is not rectified. I'm done being nice, you have a great product, works well, never down, but your customer service leaves me furious. And your company could be brought up on false advertising charges, as is my hope. I am not going to let this matter be swept under the rug.
Da
  19th of May, 2008
MY SERVICE WAS INSTALLED ON 1-26-08. I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE MY TV. I CALLED AFTER THE INTIAL 10 WEEKS AN WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR HALF AN HOUR. I WAS TOLD BY A PERSON ON THE PHONE TO WAIT ANOTHER TWO WEEKS THEN CALL BACK. THIS KIND OFCRAP IS UNACCEPTABLE. I AM THINKING ABOUT CALLING THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. THEY CAN GET THOSE BILLS OUT ON TIME, LET THEM GET THOSE REWARDS OUT TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN PAITIENTLY WAITING. NUFF SAID.
Ma
  4th of Jul, 2008
I keep reading same things on boards --- same things that I experienced: the promise of free installation, a free Circuit City gift card (never came), waiting a long time on phone for help with customer service -- I hung up after they ate through 30 min of my cel phone minutes of being on hold, and IF you finally do get someone in customer service, they are not well-trained. Funny how you seem to get a live person immediately when you want to add services! Additionally, I got an email asking for my CREDIT CARD number -- I thought it was a phishing scam. When I called, they said they needed it for their files. I refused to give it to them and they suspended my online features. I paid my Verizon bill in full like I usually do (from a check), and they reinstated my account. I have since gone back to Bright House -- too many underhanded games Verizon is playing -- I am going to file a complaint with the FCC. Not a way to do business.
Ma
  4th of Jul, 2008
Addendum to above complaint -- I find it interesting how their customer service department is only available during daytime hours, yet their sales office is open til midnight. They seem to have spent a lot of mony on sales and marketing, but very little on customer service. They even send people door to door in the neighborhood once FIOS has been installed. These ### also try to get their customers to share personal info on friends and family, with the promise of a big discount if one of these people sign up for service. I told them I wouldn't wish their service on my worst enemy!

I find it ironic that this web page is littered with their banners.
Jc
  15th of Aug, 2008
On January 31 2008 I signed up with Verizon for its triple-bundle promotion that entitled me to get a free 19’’ HDTV by obtaining Verizon’s Internet, Phone and TV services. The service would require a two-year contract in which I’m still honoring.

Not familiar with all the new Verizon TV services (there are quite a few) I decided to optimize my bill to something equivalent to what I had prior signing up with Verizon. I made some changes to my services by increasing my TV package and reducing my Internet speed to keep things under a reasonable amount. My total bill was still above and beyond the initial agreed service of $99.

After 12 weeks (suggested was 6 to 10 weeks wait period) I started calling Verizon about the status of the promotion gift. As you will see in my log (up to item #5) Verizon never explain that my eligibility jeopardized because I changed my service before a 30-day must-maintain-service required period. I was never aware, nor was I ever informed by Verizon that by downgrading my internet services I would become illegible for the promotional gift.

From April, 9 2008 (Item #5 from the log) to July, 29 2008 (Item #6) I waited in vain for Verizon to send me my promotional gift as they said they would. I even discussed with a Verizon manager that I was concerned that the changes I had made to my Internet services were affecting my eligibility. That employee told me that it should not since my established services more than compensated for the internet downgrade. After calling Verizon on Aug 4, 2008 I basically was told that I lost my eligibility for the promotional gift and that Verizon would not honor the free gift in any way.

Form poor TV quality to an unbearable customer service, I’m discussed with Verizon lack of character and commitment to its loyal customers. I should have been told that I would lose my promotional eligibility if I changed services within the 30 day period. It’s like they hid that information so they could easily make customers illegible for the service. I deserve the TV as promised because on the grand scale I am more than paying for the original agreed service of $99. Plus now I am locked in a 2-year contract and I cannot break my services unless I pay a $199 early termination fee.
An
  2nd of Nov, 2009
Absolutely right, FiOS is full of ... When I ordered my services, there was a promotion offer; a free Mini computer worth $300 so i ordered the bundle package. Now after 4 months when i asked for my FREE gift, they made up the stories that the offer was valid if u subscribed 3 or more services. As far as i know, it was an offer for a bundle package. So, the bottom line is that Verizon is a CHEAT company.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications