Verizon Communications / misrepresentation of charges
I had made a phone inquiry in February to a Verizon representative to see if I could get my phone, internet and television charges reduced since my contract had expired with Verizon. The representative said over the phone that he would be able to take the first month charges of $75 off the first bill and reduce my current $165 per month charge to $145—a $20 reduction. He added that such a reduced charge would be locked in to a two-year contract.
He also said that the e-mail confirming the new charges were just an estimate and that it would not reflect what was said over the phone.
It has been two months now and I have yet to see a reduction of the charges stated as well as the initial $75 off the first month’s bill. I spent a good part of a morning explaining to several Verizon representatives the above situation, and all said that I am locked into the two-year contract . By me confirming that e-mail, which I was told initially to disregard since it was just an estimate, I have no basis to appeal.
I took precise notes on the promises said over the phone. I was given a verbal promise by your representative how much the new billing would be for the next two years. In a nutshell, here’s what I feel are your company misrepresentations:
• Verizon representative quotes $75 reduction in first month’s bill.
• Same Verizon representative quotes a $145 bill with the same services I have received for the length of the two-year contract.
• Same Verizon representative says e-mail quote was just an estimate, that his quotes would be the actual quote.
• Despite the order number, Verizon supervisor said the company was unable to trace the employee who made the quotes to verify my notes.
• Verizon supervisor said I am locked into the contract despite the conflict in quotes.
More Verizon Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - wireless service/ lack of customer support
- Verizon Communications - jetpack
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service