Verizon Communications / misrepresentation of charges

1 Fredericksburg, VA, United States Review updated:

I had made a phone inquiry in February to a Verizon representative to see if I could get my phone, internet and television charges reduced since my contract had expired with Verizon. The representative said over the phone that he would be able to take the first month charges of $75 off the first bill and reduce my current $165 per month charge to $145—a $20 reduction. He added that such a reduced charge would be locked in to a two-year contract.
He also said that the e-mail confirming the new charges were just an estimate and that it would not reflect what was said over the phone.
It has been two months now and I have yet to see a reduction of the charges stated as well as the initial $75 off the first month’s bill. I spent a good part of a morning explaining to several Verizon representatives the above situation, and all said that I am locked into the two-year contract . By me confirming that e-mail, which I was told initially to disregard since it was just an estimate, I have no basis to appeal.
I took precise notes on the promises said over the phone. I was given a verbal promise by your representative how much the new billing would be for the next two years. In a nutshell, here’s what I feel are your company misrepresentations:
• Verizon representative quotes $75 reduction in first month’s bill.
• Same Verizon representative quotes a $145 bill with the same services I have received for the length of the two-year contract.
• Same Verizon representative says e-mail quote was just an estimate, that his quotes would be the actual quote.
• Despite the order number, Verizon supervisor said the company was unable to trace the employee who made the quotes to verify my notes.
• Verizon supervisor said I am locked into the contract despite the conflict in quotes.

Co
Apr 23, 2013

Comments

• De
      26th of Mar, 2008
    Verizon Communications - Promotions!
    Verizon
    10264 Wayover Way
    Columbia
    Maryland

Verizon offered a $99 19" HD TV with their triple play. I got the service November, 2007 and here is is March, 2008 and no TV. I have called monthly and talked to promotions who sends me to eligibility who says everything is fine and they will send the information to promotions. Bottom line - no TV.