VCA Animal Hospital / I just wanted some care for my friend
I went to the VCA in Berwyn, IL - 2845 S Harlem to get some emergency care for my dog. My yorkie-poo was very ill and emitting black ***/throwing up/lost weight. He was diabetic and I explained that I had recently lost my job, and had problems getting his meds. So, after telling me the fee was 130.00 just to look at him and I was not able to get the care credit. She that the Dr would look at him and let me know. The Dr. examined him and said take him first thing to the AWL and that she had dehydrated him on the house. I asked if there was anything to be done. But she restated to take him ASAP. I left and I took my TK home and he died a few hours later. I had him 11 years! Had spent over 350 just to get a diagnosis prior and to be treated like that. I begged them to help me. HA! I guess all this rights for animals is just a bunch of hooey.
I would have paid the money as I was getting my money that Tue. But my dog had to suffer because I could not pay the astronomical fee, especially since they are one of the few places open on Sunday.
I called back after he had passed to see the reaction and? What I should do? And I was told they had funeral/cremation if I wanted it. What I wanted was some care for my friend, not bury him.
More VCA Animal Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- VCA Animal Hospital - suspected veterinary malpractice 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - money hungry business who do not care about the welfare of your pet! 
- VCA Animal Hospital - expense/service 
- VCA Animal Hospital - it's only about money
- VCA Animal Hospital - vca wants your money! 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - unacceptable level of service
- VCA Animal Hospitals - unethical charges for test performed with no results!
- VCA Animal Hospitals - deception
- VCA Animal Hospitals - vca in general
- VCA Animal Hospitals - gross negligence