VCA Animal Hospital / I just wanted some care for my friend

I went to the VCA in Berwyn, IL - 2845 S Harlem to get some emergency care for my dog. My yorkie-poo was very ill and emitting black ***/throwing up/lost weight. He was diabetic and I explained that I had recently lost my job, and had problems getting his meds. So, after telling me the fee was 130.00 just to look at him and I was not able to get the care credit. She that the Dr would look at him and let me know. The Dr. examined him and said take him first thing to the AWL and that she had dehydrated him on the house. I asked if there was anything to be done. But she restated to take him ASAP. I left and I took my TK home and he died a few hours later. I had him 11 years! Had spent over 350 just to get a diagnosis prior and to be treated like that. I begged them to help me. HA! I guess all this rights for animals is just a bunch of hooey.

I would have paid the money as I was getting my money that Tue. But my dog had to suffer because I could not pay the astronomical fee, especially since they are one of the few places open on Sunday.

I called back after he had passed to see the reaction and? What I should do? And I was told they had funeral/cremation if I wanted it. What I wanted was some care for my friend, not bury him.

Va

Comments

• Ho
      2nd of Dec, 2008

The only problem I ever had with VCA is bad customer service.
    I had an appointment to see the dr at 4pm. I check in and the rude receptionist said 'wait till I call you."
    I told her I had a appointment and she blew me off.
    I waited 20 minutes and said "Im gonna just cancel."
    "You had an appointment?"
    "yeah, I said it several times but you couldnt listen."
    'What ever."
    "PUTA." I said and passed the dr who knew I had an appointment.
    Its hard to find good service.

• Fl
      5th of Sep, 2018
    VCA Animal Hospitals - unethical company
    Entire US
    vcahospitals.com

If at all possible stay away from any and all VCA company owned vets. Tho most of the vets themselves are ethically and caring of your pet(s) the VCA corporation is not. The bottom line is all it cares about. Support your locale vets that have not fallen for the corporations BS.