Valvoline Co / Terrible experience

I took my car in for a routine oil change and radiator flush to the Valvoline in Grove City, OH. Not four days after having this done, my car started overheating. When I looked, all the anti freeze and water had drained out of my car. It was late at night when this happened so I did a temp fix and drove to the nearest motel after getting off work. Called Valvoline the next morning and they sent a guy to come look at it. He took off a hose and saw what the problem was and rigged it so it could be driven for the day. The next day Valvoline called me and told me to bring my car in. I got a few miles away and my car died on the side of the road. The manager from the Grove City and Georgiasville store came and met me at my car. They did various things to try and fix it and finally figured out that the head gasket was blown. Now it is my fault that the head gasket is blown because supposedly I didn't put the radiator cap back on the night before when I checked the fluid before driving home from work. The only problem with that is I have 4 witnesses from my work who saw me put it back on and made sure it was secure.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and am in touch with a lawyer.

Another complaint that I read on here said Valvoline doesn't stand behind their work and the 100% customer satisfaction is a bunch of crap. Well I agree wholeheartedly and like the other complainant said, I will NEVER take my car to another Valvoline. I will even go one step further and make sure none of my friends or family go there either.

Le

Comments

• Te
      24th of Jan, 2010

I went to the Rowlett TEXAS STORE AT 633 DALROCK ROAD location at 04:55 pm 01/24/2009. There were 5 guys standing around chatting and having fun. I try to give business to my local business places. The guy asked what I needed and I stated a 30 weight oil change; He RUDELY said THAT IS OK BUT WE CLOSE IN TWO MINUTES; I STATED THAT I CAN COME BACK a different time and the guy quickly responed; THATS UP TO YOU. I drove off and I tell you that I will never set foot in a Vavoline station or buy any other vavoline produce ever again. This place often has no business and to talk to a customer like they are trash ==believe me; we the customer rule. I will take my business back to the penzoil station in Dallas and again will never buy a Vavoline product again

• Kj
      15th of Nov, 2013

Power-steering fluid change not done to customer satisfaction.
    It has been over a week and I have not heard from them.