Value City Furniture / Lemon Couch

Gurnee, IL, United States Review updated:

My family purchased our very first couch together at VCF in Gurnee. The sales person was great.A few months later, we noticed that the couch cushions had gone bad, which was odd because we did not sit on the couch that often. We were basically sitting on wood. Because we purchased a 7 year warranty, we called VCF and they ordered pillows and had them delivered and installed, no problems. A few months later, the same thing. Then again, and again. We must had the cushions replaced at least 4 times. The guy that replaced them told us that the cushions were cheaply made, and if this keeps happening, he would suggest a new couch, which would be covered under our warranty. A few months later, we were sitting on wood. We called and a young lady told us that we would have to pay for the cushions this time since we had the couch for a year. We explained to her that the cushions were an ongoing issue and the repair guy told us that there was something wrong with the cushions. She then told me that she would have a supervisor call me back, and that I would still have to pay for more cushion. I told here that I would not mind paying for the cushions as long as they were cushions that would last longer than 5 months. After that, I had been getting the runaround. I would say that the sales staff was nice but I can't recommend the store to anyone because of my horrible experience. The couch is now so uncomfortable that it causes back and hip pain to people who sit on it. We prefer sitting on the floor or kitchen chairs until we can afford to purchase another couch. I work at the News Sun and know a lot of people in the community. I am going to ask my boss if I could write an article on this to warn others if I can't figure out how to fix the problem. I am also going to talk to my lawyer to get information on defect furniture and warranty issues.

Ni

Comments

• Ms
      Oct 18, 2013

Hi I've recently ran into warranty issues with the Gurnee value city furniture, did you speak with a lawyer about any of this, because we are thinking about doing the same, they are not honoring their warranty by far!